Syncing same file multiple times

Kurato

Kurato

Not sure if this has been noted yet or not, but there's a bug I've been experiencing since the July 12th Android update for emby.

When syncing videos, the progress bar will reach the end, it will close the notice saying it's downloading as per usual, but when checking the sync list, it shows as not having be downloaded yet, and a short while later, it will start downloading it again. In the device's storage files, i'm seeing that it has synced multiple copies of the same videos.

After awhile it does finally say it is 100% synced, and then when i check the folder, there's 4+ copies of the same file labeled at the end (1),(2),(3), etc.

post-305382-0-50035500-1531636093_thumb.png

Kurato

I believe so, I tested a few of them before deleting, and they all seemed to work right up to the end of the video but even with those video files there, it still told me in emby that it was not synced, and continued trying to sync again.

Kurato

Just recently tried a couple videos that were listed by emby as having synced 100% on their first try, download bar had reached the end for these, when playing these video files, one abruptly ends at approx 7 mins, the other approx 30 mins. Different show than the one that synced multiple times. Ironically, for that one, all videos in the image I uploaded, worked completely to the end.

Edited by Kurato

VirgilFox

I'm having the identical issue... multiple files downloading. All downloads seem to complete and I end up with several files, all the same size. The videos are complete time-wise (full length).

VirgilFox

Seeing the same behavior on version 3.0.00

I have three versions of the same video downloading to my OnePlus 3T phone running Oxygen OS 5.0.3 (Android 8.0.0).

Kurato

Also, luke, kind of off topic, but if you read this, it may help for some people, for offline viewing access, when videos are synced to the device, I can confirm they can be played back through external apps, I use VLC Media player to view all my synced videos, while offline with no internet, video has to be launched through the external app though.

If this message breaks some form of issue due to mentioning a third party app, you can delete this post if you wish.

AdrianW

Brand new install of Emby for Android (v 3.0.00) and first time syncing anything - and I have two copies of some episodes and one copy of some others. It's appended (1) to the end of the additional episodes in the file system.

I noticed one episode with two copies has "(1)" appended to the end of the first and "(2)" appended to the end of the second.

Only single copies show up inside the Android app though.

Edited by AdrianW

Kurato

If it helps, this particular sync issue was not appearing, atleast not for myself, until app 2.9.99 and 3.0.00

Noticed as well, when deleting a sync job, it does not remove the excess synced files from storage device, they have to be deleted manually.

I have reverted back to 2.9.90 atm to test and see if it still syncs normally as before, or is doing the multiples as well in attempt to determine whether sync issue is server side or app side. If that helps the devs at all. Will provide feedback once I've synced enough to obtain enough information.

Edited by Kurato

VirgilFox

I'm seeing the same behavior with Emby Server 3.5.0.0 and Android Client 3.0.00.

Kurato

Seems to be syncing normally as before on android app version 2.9.90, server is running on Version 3.4.1.34 beta

Edited by Kurato

VirgilFox

I was able to "Download" several videos to my OnePlus 3T phone over my home network (to which my Emby server is connected), with none of the multiple download behavior that I've seen when trying to "Download" files offsite (at work via wifi, or over LTE data).

anthonws

I'm experiencing the same situation.

Actually, I can see 2 downloads from the same file, happening at the same time. Notification in the notification bar jumps between the two downloads, providing different ETA's.

Any news on this? Running latest betas both for Server (Windows) and Emby App(Android).

Hth,

anthonws.

Suusepuus

I have the same problem either when downloading or syncing. I end up with multiple files and low storage space on my phone. Android app version 3.0.0. Everything works fine on the iOS app on my iPad.

Kurato

Updated to version 3.0.8, still seeing similar results, emby downloading same file multiple times, some times multiple at once as shown in the screenshots.

It is also still creating multiple files.

Once the first one finishes, it realizes there's more downloading, all of the following downloads stop immediately, and it deletes all of the downloaded files, both the original that finished downloading, and the extras that did not complete.

Also stops downloading anything at all when this happens, only way I've managed to get it to start again is by restarting the tablet. It may start downloading again after some hours, not sure yet.

post-305382-0-10429200-1533444550_thumb.png

post-305382-0-26953000-1533444561_thumb.png

post-305382-0-61079000-1533444571_thumb.png

Edited by Kurato

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...