Syncing same file multiple times

Kurato

Volfan6415

Any update? Work around betas to try?  Cause of the issue?  I am also seeing this on my fire tablet. The only way i can keep a sync going and not have it create the multiple files is to have the app stay open by playing a file while the sync is running.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a beta release available, 3.0.18, and it has the fix for this. Please reconfigure your download settings. Thanks.

Riccardo

The actual downloads seem a lot more reliable now, thanks! I didn't realise they were actually working until I saw that they were going through the native Android download notifications now.

One issue is that my only option in the settings is to download to 'internal storage'. These show up in the Android file manager, and from there I can share to MX Player. But wherever they're saving to doesn't appear to be a path I can add within MX Player itself.

You're not going to be able to configure the download folder anymore, it's either a simple internal or external selection. That is the price of improving download stability.

Riccardo

That's fine, I can always move the files manually if necessary. Where are the files actually stored, somewhere within Emby's folder structure?

I notice the downloaded filenames have changed, it's now just the episode title without the show name and episode number - would it be possible to change this, or make it configurable?

One other thing I noticed in the playback settings, the values for the skip navigation dropdowns are all 'ValueSeconds'. Happy to open a new thread for this if it helps.

alton987

Can I recommend a clear all downloads and sync option?  I had the issue in the thread and I'm re downloading everything and trying to get it working again.  I found a lot of errors on the attached page.  It would be nice to have a clear all option instead of removing line by line.

5bc3df3f3a8f8_2018101419_26_20Window.png

AdilMahboob

Where are the files actually stored, somewhere within Emby's folder structure?

Assuming you've got Internal Storage selected, it's in Internal Storage > Android > data > com.mb.android > files > sync

AdilMahboob

You're not going to be able to configure the download folder anymore, it's either a simple internal or external selection. That is the price of improving download stability.

What's the criteria for External Storage being available as an option?

Emby isn't giving me the option as all I see is Internal Storage. There's definitely external storage in the phone that Emby used to be able to see. I've double checked it has permissions for storage as well.

What's the criteria for External Storage being available as an option?

Emby isn't giving me the option as all I see is Internal Storage. There's definitely external storage in the phone that Emby used to be able to see. I've double checked it has permissions for storage as well.

Please try that again with 3.0.19. Thanks.

AdilMahboob

Just got the update. No change, I still only have internal storage available. What's the criteria for it to display?

Edit: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 with 128gb external memory card installed.

Edited by AdilMahboob
  • Like 1

AdilMahboob

Whilst I wait for that update, I've reverted to version 2.9.90 and disabled auto-updated for Emby on the Play store. Seems to be stable for now.