Announcement verbosity

Harbinger1080

Harbinger1080

Since somewhere around July 4, it seems announcement notifications have gotten much more loquacious.

Basically, descriptions for new items are suddenly part of new content added notifications when it used to be just the title.

Full disclosure, I use the Spark plugin to announce new media via Discord. I believe this is part of Emby, but perhaps it's the plugin?

Specifically, this feature request is to have more control over content going out in notifications. Variables should include content titles, poster images, and descriptions (with linked source).

So you're saying you don't want descriptions there? I actually moved the text from notifications to localization so that they can be translated, so you can't configure their text anymore. However, this one particular notification is probably the most commonly used one so it might benefit from this type of control.

Harbinger1080

I would actually prefer not to get descriptions in these specific notifications. But some kind of variables for the content would be ideal:

{Poster}{Title}{description}{year}

Harbinger1080

A little bit. Sometimes the descriptions go way past a normal blurb, especially if someone is a little behind on a show.

Mostly, I just like the picture, title, maybe an episode title, and that's it. Just something short, simple, and attractive.