Set up hanging problem

MAVER!CK

MAVER!CK

Hi I’m trying to install the server on my TS-453a and I get to the screen in the photo and it just hangs. I’ve try removing emby from the nas and reinstalling and still the same. Qmono and ffmpeg are both installed.

post-215732-0-75083200-1530722656_thumb.jpeg

PenkethBoy

I would use the .netcore version for your NAS - i have the 853a and it works fine

No need for Qmono then

Curious, how did you end up starting with this version over the one we have on our website? Thanks !

MAVER!CK

I tried the version from the emby webisite with the same result as above so thought I’d try the version from qnapclub but as you can see the same thing. I’m really at a lost of where to go from here.

PenkethBoy

you did download the X64 version for here https://emby.media/nas-server.html ?

you did uninstall any previous version that uses Mono before installing the x64 (.netcore) version - a reboot after uninstalling the mono version before installing x64 would also be a good idea

what version of QNAP firmware is your nas on?

MAVER!CK

Tried that but still no joy and I’m using the latest firmware.

I can’t even get as far as the setup screen now, just get server is unreachable

Make sure you've removed the other edition. I would also reboot the Nas.

MAVER!CK

I’ve now put the version from emby website and reboot after the old version was removed and when the new version was installed and still the same

Can you please provide a little more information on the problem that you're having? Thanks.

MAVER!CK

First off thanks for the help. This is my first NAS so still finding my feet. Basically the when I try to run emby I either get to the screen that I first post and when I click next it just hangs with the busy circle ⭕️ going round and round, I’ve left it over an hour and nothing changes or it just state the attached picture.

post-215732-0-54294800-1530826132_thumb.png

post-215732-0-51940900-1530826167_thumb.jpeg

PenkethBoy

when emby gets installed it creates a shortcut on your QNAP desktop - if you click that does it then open a separate browser tab - and if so what do you then see?

MAVER!CK

I see one or the other pictures I posted in my previous post. If I get the first picture I get the choose your language screen, I can click next then move on to the tell us about yourself screen, when I click next on that screen it just hangs.

PenkethBoy

Ok have a read through this thread there are some things to try - disable dlna on the QNAp prior to install etc etc

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57867-emby-crashes-after-starting-the-configuration/

it partly due to the type of cpu's they are using J series but some of the steps are worth a try as well

but it might be a .netcore issue as well - although the stable server worked fine on my 853A

but the difference might be i had it already setup prior to using this stable .netcore version

What version of QTS firmware are you on?

Yea if i recall there was a specific QTS version that had a lot of crashing, so that would be good information to know. Thanks.

MAVER!CK

This is the QTS version I have 4.3.4.0597. If I check for updates none are available so I assume this is the latest version

PenkethBoy

Yes it is - but some have reported issues some have it working fine

QNAP - have had four bad firmware versions in the last couple of months

What other packages do you have installed on your QNAP?

PenkethBoy

5b3fe58f303f3_Capture3.jpg

I only have 2 other than the 5 of the remaining standard ones

a lot of yours are all to do with media management - as you are new to the NAS you are trying things out  which is fine - but when you get emby working the vast majority of those packages you can uninstall as they are poor to useless