Shield Experience 7.0 brings Oreo update from today

CBers

CBers

quite like the new update although the `next up' functionality seems a bit pointless.

The built-in one, or Emby's?

You can turn off the built-in one.

WilhelmStroker

The built in one, I've now turned it off as no matter what I tried it didn't get populated. I think apps need to support it, but even Netflix doesn't seem to want to populate it automatically. The Emby implementation is awesome though.

CBers

Apps open very fast and playback starts really quickly in Emby, even Live TV.

• Like 1

Should the next up tv channel update itself once you watch an episode? Mine is still showing stuff I just watched and I see no way of refreshing it?

Yes, it should.  Does your "Next Up" row inside the app show the proper information?

Do I have to manually add each one to play next one time?

I'm not clear as to which function you are talking about :).

Emby has a "Next Up TV" function and Oreo has a "Play Next" channel.

Which one of those are you referring to?

CBers

The default "suggested for" channel will basically be that if you turn on the Next Up channel.

That puts TV and Movies together though.

I know I can't take a screenshot at the moment, but all that is on my Home Screen is the Emby app and the Emby "Next Up" channel.

Looks a bit bare :D

No backdrops either :(

• Like 1

hstamas

Yes, it should. Does your "Next Up" row inside the app show the proper information?

Next up row inside the app itself is correct. When I back out to the main Shield screen after that, it updates. If I then play something else in the Emby app and then back out again after playing it it is not in sync again.

Seems to require re-entering the actual app then backing out again to force a refresh.

Edited by hstamas
  • Like 1

That puts TV and Movies together though.

Not if you turn on the Next Up TV channel...

Next up row inside the app itself is correct. When I back out to the main Shield screen after that, it updates. If I then play something else in the Emby app and then back out again after playing it it is not in sync again.

Seems to require re-entering the actual app then backing out again to force a refresh.

Thanks.  I'll take a look.

CBers

The Emby NU channel?

OK, I'll have a play.

CBers

The Emby NU channel?

OK, I'll have a play.

I still see TV and Movies in the Suggested channel.

• Like 1

I still see TV and Movies in the Suggested channel.

Make sure you do something (play something, mark something watched, etc.) to cause them to update...

CBers

Make sure you do something (play something, mark something watched, etc.) to cause them to update...

OK, that seems to have separated them now, but I am getting Movies from my daughter's library being displayed in the channel.

I do not have her libraries set to display in the HOME SCREEN LAYOUT options.

What order is the content supposed to be displayed, as although it seems to be in "Latest" first, the movies got swapped round earlier, so I had "oldest" first?

Also, it doesn't show movies marked as UNWATCHED, after they have been watched etc.

For example, I have watched "Pacific Rim:Uprising", but I have re-marked it as UNWATCHED. It shows in the "Latest Movies" row in the app, but not in the "Suggested" channel on the home screen.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

The suggested channel is going to be a random sampling of several different things - latest unwatched videos, suggested based on the last movie you played, in-progress items, etc.  So, it won't be purely a latest movies channel but will contain some of that.  At this time, I'm not looking to replicate our entire app home screen on the device home screen :D.

As for things you've marked to not show, the app isn't going to be able to respect that for this purpose right now.  The logic for those exclusions exists on the server whereas the app is coming up with this content itself (because this is the only app that has such a thing).

CBers

OK, thanks.

I think I'll turn the Suggestions channel off for the time being :)

CBers

At this time, I'm not looking to replicate our entire app home screen on the device home screen :D.

Back to the good old days of WMC entrypoints :)

• Like 1

Is it showing both the episode you just watched and the next one or just the old episode?

hstamas

Is it showing both the episode you just watched and the next one or just the old episode?

Just the old one. Also if I watch something on a different client the new Shield interface doesnt update.

Just the old one. Also if I watch something on a different client the new Shield interface doesnt update.

Yes, this is a problem with putting information directly on the device screen.  We would need to have something running all the time and always connected to your server to listen for any events that occur in order to keep that information 100% up to date.  We just haven't gone that far yet but if you just open the app, it will update.

• 3 weeks later...