Shield Experience 7.0 brings Oreo update from today

CBers

Jdiesel

Hopefully this update allows for dynamic colorspace switching.  

dcrdev

Android 8 supposedly supports SMB3 too, I sincerely hope I can finally ditch the docker container I've got running specifically to serve SMB1 - which is highly insecure.

• Like 1

The functionality is nice.  The aesthetics suck.

See the Fire TV for how Google could have done this...

CBers

The functionality is nice.  The aesthetics suck.

See the Fire TV for how Google could have done this...

I agree. My in-laws have my Nexus Player and the Oreo update totally sucks !!

Jdiesel

I was thinking that Nvidia was going to skip Oreo all together and go straight to Android P

@@ebr

Are there any issues with emby and Oreo for shield tv?

I don't know of anyone who has run it specifically on the Shield but I've been testing on 8.0 on the Nexus Player for months.

CBers

@@ebr

Oreo has been running on Nexus Players for several months.

Don't believe anyone has specifically complained about Emby running under Oreo.

Will be nice to see the Emby Channel in all of it's glory ;)

jhoff80

I don't think there are any issues, but from what I can see, Emby doesn't yet show as a channel, nor does it integrate with the "Play Next" channel (edit:  no PiP support either).   I'm sure it wasn't a priority with the small rollout of Oreo up till now though.  No judgment meant there, just it wouldn't have made sense to focus on.

Edited by jhoff80

I don't think there are any issues, but from what I can see, Emby doesn't yet show as a channel, 

We actually have had this working for months on the Nexus Player but, apparently, they have changed how they work recently.

• Like 1

jhoff80

Ah, that's frustrating.  Makes sense though, as I thought I remembered that the channel thing worked for the week I had a Nexus Player on Oreo before returning it.

jhoff80

Out of curiosity, while I like the combo recommended one in the screenshot, any chance of adding multiple options for users?  So that they can choose having it all combined, or separate ones?  (Ie, one channel for TV, one for movies, one for music?)

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, while I like the combo recommended one in the screenshot, any chance of adding multiple options for users?  So that they can choose having it all combined, or separate ones?  (Ie, one channel for TV, one for movies, one for music?)

Each app can only have one channel that is automatically available on the home screen.  So, to do that would require the user to manually approve each of those other channels through the device interface and almost no one would ever know they were there.  It wouldn't "just work" so I'd rather keep them combined in this default channel.

I am thinking about adding other possible channels for the app for other features (like direct entry to live TV possibly).  All of this is complicated by our mult-user design, however.

• Like 1

Riggs

It will be coming back...

Awesome, thank you!

Edited by HRSCR

Riggs

Ok @@ebr great job!! AWESOME!!

Now Emby is on channels  :)

I saw one detail only, you can see it on capture 2

post-143172-0-84490400-1527521158_thumb.jpg

post-143172-0-15934700-1527521166_thumb.jpg

The circle around the logo is put there by the OS.  The only solution would be to create a solid circular logo like the other guys have.

• Like 1