Collections - Changing stored data location

StingerMeGood
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

StingerMeGood

Hello all,

I am hoping someone could offer some assistance.

I have recently only started using Emby's collection feature (in the past I would create the Collection folder manually myself).

I have set all of my Emby data (cache, metadata, trans-coding) saved locations to another drive on the server Emby is installed on.

Everything is running extremely well, however I have a small hiccup regarding Collection metadata.

By default, Emby looks for, and stores Collection metadata to it's default location of C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections

I have added a new location to where I have all other Emby data stored, being \\MEDIA-SERVER\MediaBrowser\Collections

I manually moved all existing data from the default location, to the new folder, and then removed the default location from the Library, leaving only the new location to monitor.

Emby has no issue with this change, displaying the data as it should.

However, after a library scan Emby creates a new library with the name Collections1, which has the default location listed against it. I can delete the Library Collections1, but it gets recreated automatically.

Also, whenever I create a new collection, it continues to store the information in the default locations, instead of the new location as specified against the library.

I have looked at the settings for Collections in Metadata Manager, but it only displays the default path of C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\root\default\Collections

with no way of changing to the new location.

Is there something I am overlooking to get Emby to store all newly created collection data to my new location of \\MEDIA-SERVER\MediaBrowser\Collections ?

I am running Emby Server Version 3.4.1.0

Thank you for any help you could offer.

Cheers.

Edited by StingerMeGood

Happy2Play

I can't find the post @@Luke made, but this path isn't customizable.

StingerMeGood

I can't find the post @@Luke made, but this path isn't customizable.

Thank you for the quick response Happy2Play. 

That is unfortunate. Would this be something that I could request as a working feature?

• Solution
Happy2Play

Thank you for the quick response Happy2Play. 

That is unfortunate. Would this be something that I could request as a working feature?

There is a old feature request for this already.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/11538-configurable-collections-folder/?hl=%22collections+folder%22

• Like 1

StingerMeGood

Excellent, Liked the feature request. Although, given the age, and the low amount of people liking the request, I wouldn't believe it's high on the list of things to look into. Would be nice though.

Looks like I will need to use mklink as a workaround. All good.