#21 serpi OFFLINE  

serpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Local time: 03:35 AM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

OK, I've played a little bit.

Running ET 3.0.1, Windows Desktop 1920x1080, 60Hz.

Playing 24p video, display rate switching enabled, there's the border at the right and bottom:

5b07225d78115_itsagap.jpg

Disabling frame rate switching and restarting ET gives no border, as long as I do not re-enable frame rate switching, than the border will even stay after re-disabling it, until I restart ET.

Replacing the electron folder with the one from the link above gives the same effect (only tested with switching).

But running the eletron version  from ET 3.0.0 (from the system.old folder) doesn't have that effect, no border with or without frame rate switching - but I had to reenable frame sync etc. as most of the settings where gone.

So yes, it seems, it's something about the frame rate switching, maybe with the forced pause for switching (BTW: can this disabled somewhere?).

For the moment, I will see if my low powered box will handle playing the videos smoothly without frame rate switching, if not, I will revert to the older electron.

And let's see aout the audio drops...

Ciao, Alfred

#22 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 832 posts
  • Local time: 04:35 AM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

over 2 month ago

video settings work @ new build

other observations

first  it finally maintains its window size after refresh rate change, but now the whole window gets shifted some pixel to the up left after refresh rate change and comes back to its normal position when you exit playback and it switches refresh rate back

attachicon.gifUnbenannt.png

^ (original resolution is 1920x1080) the blue pixels on bottom & right are my wallpaper that gets visible after refresh rate change

second  once started in fullscreen, windowed also stays at the fullscreen size, this and the fact that it can only resized by dragging the bottom or left makes it very hard to ever resize again

#23 daedalus OFFLINE  

daedalus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

So yes, it seems, it's something about the frame rate switching, maybe with the forced pause for switching (BTW: can this disabled somewhere?).
i think this is a false implementation of refresh rate switching
switching should take place and be finished before the file gets loaded, often mentioned, never minded

#24 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121612 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

OK, I've played a little bit.

Running ET 3.0.1, Windows Desktop 1920x1080, 60Hz.

Playing 24p video, display rate switching enabled, there's the border at the right and bottom:

5b07225d78115_itsagap.jpg

Disabling frame rate switching and restarting ET gives no border, as long as I do not re-enable frame rate switching, than the border will even stay after re-disabling it, until I restart ET.

Replacing the electron folder with the one from the link above gives the same effect (only tested with switching).

But running the eletron version  from ET 3.0.0 (from the system.old folder) doesn't have that effect, no border with or without frame rate switching - but I had to reenable frame sync etc. as most of the settings where gone.

For the moment, I will see if my low powered box will handle playing the videos smoothly without frame rate switching, if not, I will revert to the older electron.

And let's see aout the audio drops...

Ciao, Alfred

You could try a much older electron build and see what happens, like the one from 3.0.

#25 AdrianW OFFLINE  

AdrianW

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 2324 posts
  • Local time: 11:35 AM
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

You could try a much older electron build and see what happens, like the one from 3.0.

Isn't that exactly what he said here:

But running the eletron version  from ET 3.0.0 (from the system.old folder) doesn't have that effect, no border with or without frame rate switching

Edited by AdrianW, 24 May 2018 - 08:03 PM.

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121612 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

Ok that's what I expected, thanks.

#27 AdrianW OFFLINE  

AdrianW

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 2324 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

If my systemold folder is too new - is this the correct version to downgrade to: electron-v1.8.7-win32-x64.zip ?

#28 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts
  • Local time: 08:35 PM

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

If my systemold folder is too new - is this the correct version to downgrade to: electron-v1.8.7-win32-x64.zip ?

You could use almost any of them, but I've tested with that one in the past. Give it a whirl!

• AdrianW likes this

#29 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

You'll probably notice the UI won't be as smooth, but it should work well enough.

#30 AdrianW OFFLINE  

AdrianW

Advanced Member

• Super Testers
  • 2324 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

Give it a whirl!

Yes, it works.

Can't really tell about the UI smoothness (or lack of) - wouldn't it be basically the same as I've been used to with ET anyway?

#31 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Yes, it works.

Can't really tell about the UI smoothness (or lack of) - wouldn't it be basically the same as I've been used to with ET anyway?

Switching between 2.0.0 and 1.8.7, I would expect to see a little difference, but earlier versions, not so much.

#32 serpi OFFLINE  

serpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Yesterday I was running electron from 3.0.1 without frame rate switching, no problems with the video but still audio drops.

I wonder, if the older electron will also help with this or should I go back to ET 3.0.0 (and disable auto update until the problem is solved)?

Anyone checked this?

Ciao, Alfred

#33 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

Electron won't help with the audio. Can you describe the audio drop in more detail?

Edited by Doofus, 25 May 2018 - 10:30 AM.

#34 serpi OFFLINE  

serpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Electron won't help with the audio. Can you describe the audio drop in more detail?

AdrianW described it here:

"today watching two episodes with DD+ audio tracks (which is bitstreamed to my receiver) - I had the audio dropout for a split second 3 or 4 times."

An I also wrote here:

"Also there happened these small audio drops, maybe once or twice in a movie.

It was a movie with AC3 5.1, I'm using AC3 passthrough with hdmi on an AMD APU board (A4-5000), no problems before."

it's just no sound, silence for less then a second, where it shouldn't be.

Rewinding and replaying shows that it's not the video/audio, as it doesn't happen again at the same scene, it seems randomly.

Last time it was a 24 minute episode with AC3 sound and I noticed one drop, at about 3:20 to 3:25 in the video.

This never happened with ET 3.0.0 (or before), but with ET 3.0.1 it seems to happen in every movie, with or without frame rate switching.

I also think this is more a mpv problem, this is, why I will revert back to ET 3.0.0.

At the moment, the only thing that works better in ET 3.0.1 is the login, as this is now in the default system language (german) and not english.

Ciao, Alfred

#35 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

MPV wasn't updated, so it's curious why there would be a change. Possibly a small glitch. Try a clean install.

#36 serpi OFFLINE  

serpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

For now, I went back to 3.0.0 and will stay there, until I know it works again on newer version.

Hopefully, someone will mention it here, so I know there's a new version.

Something where the emby team has to work on, is telling the people when there is a new (stable) version available and what will change, best before you are going to install it, as ET for example doesn't tell you, that it will install a new version (even if I could, as it knows, when it's donloading the zip file).

Shouldn't be that hard to implement a requester "There's a new version available, would you like to update?" - "Yes/No/Show release notes" or something like that, followed by a progress bar, when updating (on my box, an ET update runs for several minutes and you have absolutely no clue, why ET doesn't start).

Ciao, Alfred

#37 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

There was a test build in the mpv test thread, and you can look at releases, here:

https://github.com/M...indows/releases

#38 Doofus ONLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 10606 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

An actual Beta thread I think would be a good idea, though. Especially when there are electron or mpv/player updates. The mpv test thread has gotten too big, and it gets missed when there's a new test build. I may have been the only one to test it, this time.

Edited by Doofus, 25 May 2018 - 05:11 PM.

#39 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121612 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

Yes it should be more obvious. For the store apps this is something the store usually handles for us. For an app like this it's something we have to build on our own.

#40 nicko84 OFFLINE  

nicko84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

In ET 3.0.1 and when display refresh rate changes to match with video, i've one blue stripe on the right of the screen et one litte blue stripe a t bottom.

To hide the desktop and these stripes i've changed desktop color from blue to black and move the taskbar to the top of the screen.

It's not the best way but the better i've found !

PS : same issue with Electron 2.0.2 and last MPV release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users