Active video has small gap on side and bottom of screen

PrincessClevage

AdrianW

Give it a whirl!

Yes, it works.

Can't really tell about the UI smoothness (or lack of) - wouldn't it be basically the same as I've been used to with ET anyway?

Guest asrequested

Yes, it works.

Can't really tell about the UI smoothness (or lack of) - wouldn't it be basically the same as I've been used to with ET anyway?

Switching between 2.0.0 and 1.8.7, I would expect to see a little difference, but earlier versions, not so much.

serpi

Yesterday I was running electron from 3.0.1 without frame rate switching, no problems with the video but still audio drops.

I wonder, if the older electron will also help with this or should I go back to ET 3.0.0 (and disable auto update until the problem is solved)?

Anyone checked this?

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

Electron won't help with the audio. Can you describe the audio drop in more detail?

Edited by Doofus

serpi

Electron won't help with the audio. Can you describe the audio drop in more detail?

AdrianW described it here:

"today watching two episodes with DD+ audio tracks (which is bitstreamed to my receiver) - I had the audio dropout for a split second 3 or 4 times."

An I also wrote here:

"Also there happened these small audio drops, maybe once or twice in a movie.

It was a movie with AC3 5.1, I'm using AC3 passthrough with hdmi on an AMD APU board (A4-5000), no problems before."

it's just no sound, silence for less then a second, where it shouldn't be.

Rewinding and replaying shows that it's not the video/audio, as it doesn't happen again at the same scene, it seems randomly.

Last time it was a 24 minute episode with AC3 sound and I noticed one drop, at about 3:20 to 3:25 in the video.

This never happened with ET 3.0.0 (or before), but with ET 3.0.1 it seems to happen in every movie, with or without frame rate switching.

I also think this is more a mpv problem, this is, why I will revert back to ET 3.0.0.

At the moment, the only thing that works better in ET 3.0.1 is the login, as this is now in the default system language (german) and not english.

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

MPV wasn't updated, so it's curious why there would be a change. Possibly a small glitch. Try a clean install.

serpi

For now, I went back to 3.0.0 and will stay there, until I know it works again on newer version.

Hopefully, someone will mention it here, so I know there's a new version.

Something where the emby team has to work on, is telling the people when there is a new (stable) version available and what will change, best before you are going to install it, as ET for example doesn't tell you, that it will install a new version (even if I could, as it knows, when it's donloading the zip file).

Shouldn't be that hard to implement a requester "There's a new version available, would you like to update?" - "Yes/No/Show release notes" or something like that, followed by a progress bar, when updating (on my box, an ET update runs for several minutes and you have absolutely no clue, why ET doesn't start).

Ciao, Alfred

Guest asrequested

An actual Beta thread I think would be a good idea, though. Especially when there are electron or mpv/player updates. The mpv test thread has gotten too big, and it gets missed when there's a new test build. I may have been the only one to test it, this time.

Edited by Doofus

Yes it should be more obvious. For the store apps this is something the store usually handles for us. For an app like this it's something we have to build on our own.

nicko84

Hello,

In ET 3.0.1 and when display refresh rate changes to match with video, i've one blue stripe on the right of the screen et one litte blue stripe a t bottom.

To hide the desktop and these stripes i've changed desktop color from blue to black and move the taskbar to the top of the screen.

It's not the best way but the better i've found !

PS : same issue with Electron 2.0.2 and last MPV release.

daedalus

not retaining it's window size/position after refresh rate changing is a long never fixed nor looked into issue

what is comprehensible cause most are using this on a single screen setup and so its very hard to notice if the window suddently gets eg some pixel bigger than your screen or something like that

nicko84

I'm using a single screen (TV) and i've not this issue on ET 2.9.6 for example...something with Electron 2.0.0 and above i presume ?

Edited by nicko84

AdrianW

...something with Electron 2.0.0 and above i presume ?

Yes. I'm on ET 3.0.1 and had the issue, but just downgrading the electron component fixes it.

Edited by AdrianW

Yea sorry, I'd like to keep the updated version for reasons unrelated to this. We can re-evaluate when the next electron update comes along. Thanks.

ShoutingMan

Same happening to me. Only started today on 3.0.1.

Running fullscreen UI, start a video and the video runs with a 3 pixel gap at the right and bottom edges. Minimizing and maximizing the screen will fix it until starting playback of the next video.

It's only happening on my NUC connected to my TV. Running on my desktop connected to a monitor and I don't get the issue.

I tried playback of 1080, 720 and even 480 anamorphic videos (my TV is 1080) and all video sizes end up displaying with the 3 pixel gap at the right and bottom edges.

I have this this same problem with ET 3.01. Windows 10 is fully updated to latest patches.

It happens after refresh rate switching. Do I need to manually downgrade Electron?

Edited by ShoutingMan

Going backwards in electron versions i am guessing you will probably lose some things of that nature.

Guest asrequested

I usually just unzip it to the folder, and overwrite the old files. No need to delete, anything. And all my settings, remain.

daedalus

you know that you have to replace this every time ET updates, glad there aren't many updates anyway

Yea sorry, I'd like to keep the updated version for reasons unrelated to this. We can re-evaluate when the next electron update comes along. Thanks.

really? you're breaking knowingly something, making a feature completely useless and then say you will see if you maybe could it get fixed sometime in the future

i begin to loose faith :huh: