Active video has small gap on side and bottom of screen

PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

Black window where?

The whole thing. I launch, and all I get is a black rectangle.

UPDATE:

Just launched again, and now I have functionality. Stay tuned....

Edited by Doofus

Well that's strange because it's not using true fullscreen in this test build. So i guess just consolidating into one window is going to be a problem.

Guest asrequested

Well that's strange because it's not using true fullscreen in this test build. So i guess just consolidating into one window is going to be a problem.

You could just rip out the cuda option from the settings, and continue with how you have adjusted it. I've been using d3d, and it appears to be ok. For those using cuda deinterlacing, cuda-copy should work.

I would actually recommend that.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Luke, for the test builds you could make it portable, so it doesn't get affected but an mpv.conf. That's how I tested this last build.

PrincessClevage

I have just been unzipping content to system folder and overwriting files is this correct?

fb077dd8744dc0ca29d53db974f37e75.jpg

denz

Tried the version from post #272 and have few issues like if i go too quickly move across the tabs in live tv it doesn't update the screen couple of times i had half of guide and half recordings but it is hard to replicate. I will go back to the first one you posted and do more testing however for both it fixed the issue of taskbar appearing when switching inputs.

The live tv tunning is so slow when comparing to wmc. I haven't used theater to watch live tv but it is darn slow 4 seconds at least.

Guest asrequested

I have just been unzipping content to system folder and overwriting files is this correct?fb077dd8744dc0ca29d53db974f37e75.jpg

You should unzip it to it's own folder, then make it portable. In the same folder as mpv.exe, make a folder called portable_config, then move the scripts folder into it.

• Like 1

daedalus
Damn it! I thought you had maybe fixed the --gpu-api=opengl issue....

what issue?

the one, that the player is always 1 pixel line smaller at the top than the ET window when using gpu-api=opengl?

TuC8wTJW_t.png

green line at top is the desktop shining through in fullscreen

kJpE2JS8_t.png

also present in windowed mode, you can see the shaded line at the top

issue not present with gpu-api=vulkan or d3d11

never reported that, cause i didn't see any will in fixing things like this

this here also happens with the current release version

Edited by daedalus

Guest asrequested

When I use the opengl API, I don't get an OSD, and my display coloring gets messed up. I have to reboot to correct it. If I use d3d, it works just fine.

daedalus

:blink: strange thing

@ are you using the mpv version included in the new test builds?

if yes, try some other version, i got major issuses using my current mpv.conf with that included version

Edited by daedalus

Guest asrequested

Yeah, it is. I think it may have something to do with Windows being in HDR10. But I can live with d3d.

Guest asrequested

:blink: strange thing

@ are you using the mpv version included in the new test builds?

if yes, try some other version, i got major issuses using my current mpv.conf with that included version

I did try one of them with a different build, but it made no difference.

What issues did you have with the included build?

daedalus

i got a blue screen on mpv if setting my scalers

filesize of mpv.exe also seems suspiciously small, seems not to be the release but a 3 month old non git version

but thats no issue cause it runs normaly without my mpv.conf

that version just should not be included in any ET release version

That's our custom version that we are building now, forgot about that, but if i put out a patch release for this issue then we'll exclude that for now and keep the same mpv version as before.

daedalus

why are you building it by yourself? what changes?

and the most important, if we should test it, maybe you should give us a recent version?

We've added libzvbi, which the other sources for mpv unfortunately do not include. This is needed in order to be able to handle dvb_teletext subtitles. If the other builds would add this library, then we wouldn't have to build it ourselves anymore.

As far as version, I'm generally most comfortable using tagged releases, as opposed to latest master.

No, someone else, but yes, if you could test it that would be helpful. Thanks.

Guest asrequested

Ok, I'll pull this one out of Theater, and put it through it's paces. Maybe for the new builds, post them in the test area?

Edited by Doofus