Active video has small gap on side and bottom of screen

PrincessClevage

daedalus

now with gpu-api=opengl the mpv player is semi transparent :blink:

post-143-0-07860400-1551994887_thumb.png

@ refresh rate switching, it works here, no gaps or other issues on a quick test

but the switching itself looks a bit strange, starting playback shows the OSD with no mpv player behind it, seeing trough to the desktop, for half a second, than switching takes place and then comes back with the mpv player

Guest asrequested

Well, a quick few tests with the Emby mpv build revealed that hwdec only works on auto, and will only enable d3d11va, and nothing else. None of the copyback modes work... cuda, nvdec...nothing. So that's a long way from being able to be used.

But when playing in Theater, you can directly enable d3d11va and d3d11va-copy, but the rest don't work. So something is very screwy with that build.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

As for that last Theater test build, same as before. gpu-api=opengl screws everything up. That's not usable. The one great thing is that the mpv.conf does get used first and not the UI settings. It totally overrides them :D That is fantastic! But I wonder if it's because the window is re-sizable? If you lock the window down again, when playing, it might screw it up again. I really hope not.

PrincessClevage

I finally got my UI overlay back with the build from #300 and first deleting content from system folder then extracting files to system folder. I have hwa set to auto and colours seem a bit dull using the below config file

target-prim=bt.2020

deinterlace=no

hdr-compute-peak=no

tone-mapping=reinhard

What settings might you suggest for this build?

Edit. Never mind, I was playing sdr media:-/

HDR looks ok

Edited by PrincessClevage

calmcacil

using the build from #300 still getting a slight bit of wallpaper bleed when maximized on the bottom of the window (using start menu on top, not seeing any real issues on that end, not bleed to secondary monitors.

PrincessClevage

Here's an update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj75bqjajgjerey/theater.zip?dl=0

It updates to the electron 5.0 beta which is based on chromium 73 and brings noticeable performance improvements.

looks pretty good and even fixed my first two folder images not showing in horizontal view. OpenGL seems to work ok also Edited by PrincessClevage

denz

If you watch Live TV and go back you can see your desktop before it goes back to the guide. I haven't been able to reproduce it every time but had number of success with new instance of theater and click back while in live tv but wait until the osd disappears first before clicking back.

Also you can barely see the timeline most of the time unless video is with very light colour the timeline should be white colour so you can see it clearly like you can text.

Edited by denz

daedalus

OpenGL seems to work ok also

using opengl is still semi transparent here

it still uses the old self compiled mpv :(

but the switching procedure seems at least fixxed

PrincessClevage

using opengl is still semi transparent here

it still uses the old self compiled mpv :(

but the switching procedure seems at least fixxed

Have you tried deleting the content of the system folder in ET then extracting content to system folder?

calmcacil

seems this recent build is forcing a maximum height on the window that leaves it either showing a big gap on my monitor without a taskbar, or a small gap between the taskbar % window on the one with a taskbar... 

edit: restarting it again I was able to resize as I wanted, generally speaking there seem to be an issue with maximizing the window (double clicking the top of the window) where it locks the max size even when you minimize it and the maximized size is too small.

Edited by calmcacil

Guest asrequested

No change for me. All the same problems that I last reported. And still the same issues with hwdec for that mpv build.

Here's the mpv log, for whomever is building mpv. I don't think they've added the dependency for nvdec and cuda (opengl api). I think they may still be trying to use the old broken version. But there're bigger issues with hwdec than there were. Less of the options, work.

I told it to use nvdec-copy, both in the UI and in my auto-profile, and this is what happened.

[   0.422][v][vd] Codec list:
[   0.422][v][vd]     mpeg2video - MPEG-2 video
[   0.422][v][vd]     mpegvideo (mpeg2video) - MPEG-1 video
[   0.422][v][vd] Opening decoder mpeg2video
[   0.422][v][vd] Looking at hwdec mpeg2video-d3d11va...
[   0.422][v][vo/gpu] Loading hwdec driver 'd3d11va'
[   0.422][v][vo/gpu] Loading failed.
[   0.422][v][vo/gpu] Loading hwdec driver 'dxva2-dxgi'
[   0.422][v][vo/gpu] Loading hwdec driver 'dxva2-dxinterop'
[   0.422][v][vd] Could not create device.
[   0.422][v][vd] Looking at hwdec mpeg2video-dxva2...
[   0.422][v][vd] Could not create device.
[   0.422][v][vd] Looking at hwdec mpeg2video-dxva2-copy...
[   0.491][v][vd] Trying hardware decoding via mpeg2video-dxva2-copy.
[   0.491][v][vd] Selected codec: mpeg2video (MPEG-2 video)

[   0.542][i][vd] Using hardware decoding (dxva2-copy).

But the stats reported no hwdec

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Oh my bad. I looked a little deeper, and it is obeying the auto-profile

[   0.647][v][cplayer] first video frame after restart shown
[   0.648][v][auto_profiles] Re-evaluate auto profile Interlaced 
[   0.648][i][auto_profiles] Applying profile Interlaced 
[   0.648][d][cplayer] Run command: apply-profile, flags=0, args=[Interlaced]
[   0.649][d][cplayer] Setting option 'deinterlace' = 'yes' (flags = 68)
[   0.649][d][cplayer] Setting option 'hwdec' = 'nvdec-copy' (flags = 68)

So this means that the stats for nerds aren't working correctly. 

Guest asrequested

There's some improvement. Nvdec is now usable, but using gpu-api=opengl at full screen still has no OSD and messes up my display. It's fine when windowed. I need to reboot, again.

Diedrich

In #272 I wasn't getting a delete confirmation dialogue after watching a show and clicking the trash can. I could go to the episodes list and delete from there and would get a confirmation dialogue. 

I then installed #316 and now I don't get a played status indicator after letting an episode play all the way through and automatically stop, nor do I see a progress bar on the episode details screen after stopping an episode. Progress bar, however, is functioning properly on the home screen. It's not until you go back to the episode details screen that you see the progress bar and resume button.

• 3 weeks later...
ShoutingMan

Emby Theater must have updated, because it's back for me in the past month. I've stopped chasing, and just Emby Theater on the Shield. ET Windows has become too much hassle to keep working. Hopefully this gets fixed so I can have ET Windows as an option; sometimes its flexibility is preferred compared to the more constrained Shield UI and remote control.

DrJekle

It's resolved for the next app update. thanks.

Whats the timing on this update?  I've eager to see this lines go away

• 3 weeks later...
Michael.D.Pine

This small gap being talked about, would this be same issue I am seeing on Windows 10 with Emby Theater, I have what I believe is the bottom of the Windows 10 search bar just showing through, I have Theater maximized, should I be using a certain display mode to fix this or is it a completely different issue ?

lol, weird, I just minimized the Theater window and then maximized it again and now it's gone :)

Edited by Michael.D.Pine