Active video has small gap on side and bottom of screen

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Gee the forum doesn’t like copy and past of Unc paths. Same no osd, when stop playing I also have the screwed colours (probably holding onto HDR colours from true full screen mode and applying to sdr images?) did you have to restart or anything to get the settings to enforce?

Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

mpv.conf in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\mpv

And also here

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\mpv

I meant in the UI, but why do you have two mpv.conf files? Just use one in AppData\Roaming\mpv

Guest asrequested

Gee the forum doesn’t like copy and past of Unc paths. Same no osd, when stop playing I also have the screwed colours (probably holding onto HDR colours from true full screen mode and applying to sdr images?) did you have to restart or anything to get the settings to enforce?

Yeah, it screwed with my colors, too. You'll need to reboot.

PrincessClevage

I meant in the UI, but why do you have two mpv.conf files? Just use one in AppData\Roaming\mpv

UI is hwa auto and enable OpenGL is ticked, just tried it with it not ticked and still no osd. I wasn’t sure which mpv was active so I kept both updated Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

UI is hwa auto and enable OpenGL is ticked, just tried it with it not ticked and still no osd

Only use one mpv.conf

Guest asrequested

One thing I hadn't considered is that d3d would work better with --icc-profile-auto. Which it just might.

Guest asrequested

Now I was able to do a successful test of refresh rate switching, but the audio is out of sync. Even enabling --video-sync=display-vdrop doesn't correct it. 

Guest asrequested

Luke, did you make a change to how hwdec is handled? It appears to defer to my mpv.conf in this build. If so, that's excellent!

Luke, did you make a change to how hwdec is handled? It appears to defer to my mpv.conf in this build. If so, that's excellent!

No, it should not be any different.

Guest asrequested

No, it should not be any different.

Well, it is deferring the mpv.conf. So maybe the juggling act you did with the dual windows was messing with that? I've reconfigured my conf for d3d and all is good, so far. 

deinterlace=yes appears to be working better, too. So maybe this will finally be all fixed? Not being able to use nvdec, sucks, but may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. 

I think a possible solution could be to come out of full screen mode when the osd shows. In theory, you should not even notice it if positioned exactly as it was while in full screen mode.

On Raspberry Pi we actually have to hide the whole video surface when the OSD shows because the transparency features are not supported.

Guest asrequested

I think a possible solution could be to come out of full screen mode when the osd shows. In theory, you should not even notice it if positioned exactly as it was while in full screen mode.

On Raspberry Pi we actually have to hide the whole video surface when the OSD shows because the transparency features are not supported.

Ok, maybe you could give us a test build, with that solution?

denz

This may not be related to this issue but if I have video in full screen and switch tv inputs and go back to emby theater I can see few pixels of taskbar. If I switch when no video is playing everything looks ok until I start to play a video then I can see few pixels of the task bar. 

post-1589-0-90868000-1551671438_thumb.png

serpi

This may not be related to this issue but if I have video in full screen and switch tv inputs and go back to emby theater I can see few pixels of taskbar. If I switch when no video is playing everything looks ok until I start to play a video then I can see few pixels of the task bar. 

It IS the same issue, it related to any kind of screen mode switching.

I have the problem if I wake up my htpc before the TV is on.

Even if it has the same resolution, it is another screen mode and so I have to make sure, that the tv is already on, before I wake up the htpc.

Similar to your case...

Ciao, Alfred

Can you guys try the zip i have been posting and see how that compares? thanks.

denz

This one doesn't exhibit the issue that I reported.

I tried a number of change inputs to see will the taskbar show up but so far so good.

Diedrich

I see this is an older thread but I see this on my Windows machine as well. It's some sort of issue where the ET window goes into almost a windowed mode. Simply minimizing and then maximizing the window takes care of it. Closing and restarting ET fixes it as well.

nicko84

Hello Luke,

After few days testing ET of your zip files, all is ok. Gap problem at the bottom and right side is solved, no artefact on screen, no UI issue.

I've just set display refresh rate on, with prefered rates 50;23, and all other settings on "auto".

serpi

Can you guys try the zip i have been posting and see how that compares? thanks.

Tried it, works for me, no borders, nice!

Neither when waking up the htpc before the tv, nor when activating refresh rate switching.

Also found no other problems, remote and overlay work.

But I also do not use much special configuration.

Most is on auto, in mpv.conf it's only AC3 output for multichannel and I have a lua script for 3d to mono conversation and one script for my i-Buddy activated.

It's also only a celeron box (J3455) with no special gfx card and no 4k or HDR tv (but 3d).

Ciao, Alfred

daedalus

gap problem also is fixxed here and no other mentioned bugs with the latest test version

Edited by daedalus

Diedrich

I am currently running the zip from post #206. It does not show current progress on movies or episodes. I'll try the zip you just posted.

Edit: Post #272 fixed the progress bar on the Home screen. I'll continue to monitor for the edge gaps.

Edited by Diedrich