8 replies to this topic

#1 Trichard123 OFFLINE  

Trichard123

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:20 PM

Hello!

After the last most recent auto-update of Emby for Media Center, I started having a problem with just the Mp4 movies, but not the TV episodes.  I press the Play button on the menu and get a dark screen.  When I move my mouse I see the control buttons on the bottom of the screen (Stop, Play, Record, etc) but no time length indicator.  The Play button displays the || pause like the movie is playing.  I press the square Stop button which takes me back to the movie info page and buttons, then I get the spinning wheel and the page goes dark and the time indicator appears and the movie starts up.  This is an annoyance, but at least I can get them to play.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled E-WMC and the server both.  I am still getting that small hang on the movies so far.  TV episodes run right away.  These are all the same MP4's I have for over a year or more.

Any ideas?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134614 posts
  • Local time: 03:18 PM

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Hi there, can you please attach the Emby for WMC log? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/c...port-a-problem/

Thanks.

#3 Trichard123 OFFLINE  

Trichard123

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

Sorry I was out of town.  Here are the log files.  I checked again and only the movies hang on start until I press Play and Then Stop....I hear the tone and the movie starts.

Attached Files

#4 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46059 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Okay, there are 162 logs in that zip :).

Can we please see one log that demonstrates the problem and a description of exactly what you did (and what you played) in the app and what happened?

Thanks.

#5 Trichard123 OFFLINE  

Trichard123

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

The one ending bf51.log is the one with the hang for Beauty and the Beast (just as a test) and it did hang.  I have to press Play then Stop to get the video going.  I looked at the log (Near the end) and why it was referencing Cinderella I have no idea.

Attached Files

Edited by Trichard123, 02 June 2018 - 12:11 AM.

#6 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46059 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hi.  It appears you have Cinema Mode turned on and it is trying to play a trailer before the movie and it is that trailer that does not play properly.  Then you skip by it and the movie plays.

#7 Trichard123 OFFLINE  

Trichard123

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Thank you!  That fixed it.  I have a question on the Diamond theme.  I have an option to see weather, but I don't see it when selected and I have the zip and info entered.  Any ideas?

#8 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46059 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with Diamond at this point.  Does it show properly in Chocolate?

#9 Trichard123 OFFLINE  

Trichard123

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

It's OK - I didn't see it in Chocolate or any of the old ones.  Not a problem, just glad to get my movies back on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WMC, Stop Button, Start Button, Mp4, Movies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users