Odd Media Metadata?

Sammy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Sammy

@@Sammy

You have 6 TV Series library folders that you would need to check for metadata.  Do these 6 TV Series libraries only have series folders in them?

The only TV Shows appearing in this Ip Man Series are those recorded by Plex which is the library I'm showing here. All other shows in my library are not having this issue. Could it be the nested TV Series/TV Series folder?

Happy2Play

The only TV Shows appearing in this Ip Man Series are those recorded by Plex which is the library I'm showing here. All other shows in my library are not having this issue. Could it be the nested TV Series/TV Series folder?

That is possible as TV does not play well with nested folders.

Yes we plan to be able to accommodate a mish mash in the future, but we're not quite there yet. Thanks.

Sammy

Okay.

I'm going to move all content in the nested folder up one level and tell Plex to record to that folder too.

BTW, Comskip in Emby would solve this!! I prefer Emby. In Plex, to change the Recorded TV folder for future recordings you have to do it in each Show in the Scheduled Recordings rather than just one place in the Server Settings. What is that!!??

Sammy

Ip Man now has no "Episodes" in it which were actually Plex DVR Recordings but it still shows under TV Series in my Library. I have initiated another TV Series Library Scan because I could not "Delete Media" as Emby would give me an error that it couldn't delete the media. Hopefully with another full scan Ip Man will haunt me no more.

Thanks for all the help!!

Edited by Sammy

maegibbons

We plan to add comskip in the future. thanks.

@@Luke This is good news!!

I have started using the conversion feature instead of MCEBuddy BUT I do miss the commskip aspect.

Will make emby even more awesome.

Well done!

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

Sammy

I have successfully got of all the series / shows buried in Ip Man but the show still exists albeit with no cover art. How to remove this from my library? I tried Deleting it but got an error.

Thanks.

5b586d175c930_IpMan1.jpg

5b586d2fbf172_IpMan2.jpg

• Solution

Delete the folder it's pointing to, then run a library scan.

• Like 1

Sammy

Delete the folder it's pointing to, then run a library scan.

I can now proclaim Ip Man is DEAD and I killed him (with the help of a few of my friends)

So long as he never returns I'm good!