Odd Media Metadata?

Sammy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

paulsalter

Few things to check

See if there are any tvshow.nfo files, these should be in the main show folder and one of them could still point to ip man

Also check one of the episode nfo files, within this it should have the show name, ip man might be in here

Not sure how to fix these as you mentioned identify doesnt work

If this was me i would probably go for a more drastic route (get rid of any rogue metadata that might be around)

Move the media out of the library

Run a library scan in Emby to make sure it's gone

Shutdown Emby

Copy the media back to the library folders

Search the media for any nfo files and delete them

Start Emby and let it scan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sammy

As far as i can tell, this is what happens

You have your tv shows in H:\TV Series

When you record Amanpour, Plex stores this in H:\TV Series\.grab (while it is being recorded)

Emby is monitoring this folder as it's part of the tv library, so it tries to match .grab as the tv show, and Amanpur as an episode of this, causing bad matching/missing metadata

When Plex is finished recording, it copies this file to the correct location (unfortunately Emby has already matched it wrongly, so bad metadata remains)

I have tested with similar issues on mine, and turning off auto scan fixes it (unless a recording is in progress at the time of scan)

An ideal fix would be if Emby could ignore folders starting with . during a scan, so it would not try and match untill the episodes get moved to the correct location

Hope that makes sense

Makes perfect sense. It least I'm not the only one here and it is shown to be repeatable. Inside the .grab folder is merely tvshow.nfo right now. What do you use to open / view an .nfo file? I'm trying to see what is inside this file.

This is why I'm thinking carefully timed folder scans can certainly help. Also some sort of script to move these files to yet another TV Series directory sans the .grab file. It seems that a tiny bit of code in Emby to exclude .grab would fix the issue. Either that or a native CommSkip built into Emby DVR? What do you think @@Luke?

Thanks!

@@Luke

Is it possible to have Emby ignore the .grab folder on scans?

Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Sammy you are on stable release, correct? At least that is what your log showed. There are fixes in current beta for "Linux & Mac: Ensure all folders beginning with a dot are ignored".

• Like 1

Sammy

We already do.

@@Sammy you are on stable release, correct? At least that is what your log showed. There are fixes in current beta for "Linux & Mac: Ensure all folders beginning with a dot are ignored".

So I'd need to go to the beta server for this to be effective?

Any drawbacks on beta? I quit that long ago and went to stable.

Thanks!

Happy2Play

So I'd need to go to the beta server for this to be effective?

Any drawbacks on beta? I quit that long ago and went to stable.

Thanks!

It is in the new release 3.5.0.0.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Sammy

It is in the new release 3.5.0.0.

So I went to check my Emby to see what version it was on and it wouldn't load via the web. I then remoted into the machine it is running on and it wouldn't load there either. Currently downloading the installation package from the downloaded file on the emby.media/downloads page.. That has completed and now doing a restart to update a stack of plugins. Hmm. Let's see what's new here. Is there a change log with all the changes to the server and to the plugins?

Thanks

Sammy

Okay.. I have finally got 3.5.0.0 to get going after a complete library scan..

The IpMan series is still there but I suspect that in the future it won't add more to it (Fingers Crossed).

That said, I now have a series in Emby, IpMan that has some 231 episodes in it that are Plex recordings. How to fix this? Do I have to go through each one and change something in the metadata? Each episode seems to have correct information but they are in this fictitious "IpMan" series.

Happy2Play

Is there any metadata in your TV Series folder?  How is the library setup?  What is the content type for that library?

Additionally, have you compared the folder structure of that series folder to our supported naming conventions for tv series?

Sammy

Additionally, have you compared the folder structure of that series folder to our supported naming conventions for tv series?

Here's a couple screen grabs of my Folder Structure:

post-110-0-42597200-1532010966_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-89356500-1532011011_thumb.jpg

Sammy

Is there any metadata in your TV Series folder?  How is the library setup?  What is the content type for that library?

My metadata is as follows:

post-110-0-18022600-1532011346_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-08298900-1532011354_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-83986100-1532011362_thumb.jpg

Sammy

I just saw this in the github server change log:

Linux & Mac: Ensure all folders beginning with a dot are ignored

So this isn't in the Windows Server yet. Is this why Emby will continue to look at the .grab folder within TV Series and create this erroneous Ip Man Series with Plex Recordings?

Come on Comskip in Emby!!!

Sammy

This doesn't really show the content inside the series folder that is having the problem.

I think that second screen grab is the wrong one but here's the naming convention:

Mexico One Plate at a Time With Rick Bayless (2000)\Season 10\Mexico One Plate at a Time With Rick Bayless (2000) - S10E10 - Market Inspirations Local Genius.ts

Sammy

Here's another:

TV Series\Saturday Night Live\Season 43\Saturday Night Live (1975) - 2018-05-12 22 02 00 - Reese Witherspoon; Florence the Machine.ts

Sammy

I know you're probably busy with all the demands of the 3.5.0.0 roll out but is my library set up in such a way that Emby can read it? I think it is because under this Ip Man "Series" exists all Plex Recorded TV Shows and they are identified, including air date, episode number and episode description {such as guests (Jimmy Kimmel / Cobert) or recipes(Mexico One Plate at a Time)}.

Thanks. I'd like to kill Ip Man once and forever!

Happy2Play

Here's a couple screen grabs of my Folder Structure:

attachicon.gifLibrary Structure 1.JPG

attachicon.gifLibrary Structure 2.JPG

This doesn't answer these questions.

• Like 1

Sammy

This doesn't answer these questions.

Let me take a look and get back to you. I thought I did answer them but maybe not.

Sammy

@@Happy2Play

Here are more screen grabs. There's no metadata here unless it is in the nfo file. Plex, like Emby, stores the metadata in a dedicated folder.

This library is set up in Emby Server > Libraries as a TV Series Library.

This grab also shows the folder structure inside the folder itself. AFAIK, this is the correct convention.

post-110-0-56748600-1532393788_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-23031400-1532393813_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-42212400-1532393836_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-55212300-1532393857_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-39844400-1532393882_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-47825700-1532393904_thumb.jpg

Sammy

BTW, this is set up as a TV Show Content type.

post-110-0-56748600-1532393788_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-23031400-1532393813_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-42212400-1532393836_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-55212300-1532393857_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-39844400-1532393882_thumb.jpg

post-110-0-47825700-1532393904_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Happy2Play

@@Sammy

You have 6 TV Series library folders that you would need to check for metadata.  Do these 6 TV Series libraries only have series folders in them?