Emby Connect Issues

FlashBeetle

FlashBeetle

So I don't know if this is the right place to put this but here goes. 

I am the admin for my family's server and am not able to connect one local user to their emby connect account. I have even gone as far as to remove the local account and readd using by attempting to invite the user by both emby connect username and the email address they used to sign up for emby connect. No matter which way I try to add the user the server always pops up with the following message

There was an error adding the Emby Connect account. Have you created an Emby account? Sign up at https://emby.media/connect.

If you're still having an issue, please send an email to apps@ from the email address used with the Emby account.

I double checked that the spelling was correct for the email address by attempting to sign up with the same email I was inviting and it would say that that email is already in use. Checking the username, in the same way, yields the same result. 

I have been able to add other users both before and since first attempting to add this particular user.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Is that user able to log in to the forum?

Please PM me the email address with the problem.  Sometimes the forum will automatically ban someone based on an IP address or something and then this kind of error will occur.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Is that user able to log in to the forum?

Please PM me the email address with the problem.  Sometimes the forum will automatically ban someone based on an IP address or something and then this kind of error will occur.

Thanks.

I hate to bump an old thread, but I am getting the same message when I am trying to create a server. This is the username (omerome) I am entering with emby connect. I am also having issues accessing the plugins catalog or entering my Premiere key.

Edited by omerome

Hi, what do you mean by "create a server"? Can you please describe exactly what you are doing, and where you are having trouble? Thanks.

Hi, what do you mean by "create a server"? Can you please describe exactly what you are doing, and where you are having trouble? Thanks.

I deleted an old server that I installed on Windows 7 and uninstalled the application on that machine and created a new one using docker on Unraid. As I entered the wizard on docker and was prompted to enter a username and my Emby Connect credentials (username/email address), I am getting a spinning circle and eventually the application is saying this:

There was an error adding the Emby Connect account. Have you created an Emby account? Sign up at https://emby.media/connect.

If you're still having an issue, please send an email to apps@Emby.media from the email address used with the Emby account.

So I just decided to skip that process without entering an Emby Connect account and now I am at the server dashboard. As I enter my Emby Premiere Key credentials, I get the following message:

Confirmation

Thank you. Your Emby Premiere key has been updated.

However, after clicking "Got It", the screen now says, "Emby Premiere key is missing or invalid."

And now I am also unable to access any plugins from the catalog because I am now getting a spinning circle on my screen.

FYI, I am able to access Emby Connect just fine over my web browser and the premiere key is correct after verifying it over the email address, so I know the credentials are correct.

Edited by omerome

Ok, so all communications to our servers are timing out and failing:

2018-10-27 18:27:26.684 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://connect.emby.media timed out

This most likely means you have something blocking the connection. If you can resolve that, then this should work.

Ok, so all communications to our servers are timing out and failing:

2018-10-27 18:27:26.684 Error HttpClient: Connection to https://connect.emby.media timed out

This most likely means you have something blocking the connection. If you can resolve that, then this should work.

I think I found the issue, I had to switch the network option on the docker from host to bridge.

Not sure why that fixed it though as I have other dockers that run fine on either option.