DNG files

danny6869

What i mean is you have a web app built into your server that you can access over localhost, using

http://localhost:8096

What you're doing with the Emby Connect setup is fine though. I think if you delete your old server entry then you should be able to add your new one without any problems. thanks.

beckfield

http://localhost:8096 yields "Unable to connect."  I deleted my old server entry and tried to add the new one with the same "We can't connect..." message I mentioned before.

How do I manually remove all traces of Emby from my Linux system so I can start from scratch?

• 2 weeks later...
beckfield

Well, if we were exchanging communication more frequently than once or twice a month, I might have the patience for that. 

What else would you like to try in order to figure this out?

Running the .deb installer yields this:

(Reading database ... 286358 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../emby-server-deb_3.2.70.0_amd64.deb ...
Failed to issue method call: Unit emby-server.service not loaded.
Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory
Unpacking emby-server (3.2.70.0) over (3.2.70.0) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.2.70.0) ...
usermod: no changes
Failed to issue method call: Unit emby-server.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status emby-server.service' for details.
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.14) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...

The systemctl command suggested above yields:

systemctl status emby-server.service
Failed to issue method call: No such interface 'org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties' on object at path /org/freedesktop/systemd1/unit/emby_2dserver_2eservice

Edited by beckfield

beckfield

dbus is installed, version 1.6.18-0ubuntu4.5.

I uninstalled emby-server and reinstalled the latest (from the link you provided) with dpkg -i.  Result was the same:

sudo dpkg -i emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb  
Selecting previously unselected package emby-server.
(Reading database ... 276503 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack emby-server-deb_3.3.0.0_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking emby-server (3.3.0) ...
Setting up emby-server (3.3.0) ...
usermod: no changes
Failed to issue method call: Unit emby-server.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status emby-server.service' for details.
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.14) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...

Edited topic name since it is still active and there is no such thing as an MB Photos plug-in anymore :).

beckfield

Apparently there is an emby-server running.  The command "sudo service emby-server stop" and "sudo service emby-server start" work.  A new log file was started when I did that.  It is attached.

I just can't seem to attach to it.

server-63655663606.txt

beckfield

Progress!  When I originally set up Emby, the IP address was 192.168.1.100.  When I re-installed (I'm guessing), at some point it got changed to .80.

I can now log into and manage my server.  I still don't understand those errors during installation, or if they mean anything now.

My current problem is that Emby is not recognizing my Premiere status.  I pasted in the Premiere key, but it says it is invalid.  I try to retrieve my key, but it's just spinning, and taking forever.

hi @@beckfield, OK this one is a little easier to resolve. Does the system have an internet connection? I'm assuming yes, so in that case, please make sure that nothing is blocking access to our admin domain, mb3admin.com. This is the most likely culprit. If you still can't track it down, then please attach the emby server log from the time you entered the Premiere key, we can review that to see if the issue could possibly be something else. Thanks.

beckfield

Accessing my server remotely, my Premiere status is recognized.  I didn't have a chance last night to see if it's still a problem at the server, or to try your suggestion.  Hopefully tonight.