DNG files

danny6869

• 6 months later...
beckfield

I'm contemplating a move from Plex to Emby.  This issue is, unfortunately, the only showstopper I've found so far.  Photos and Music are my main areas of interest.

• 2 weeks later...
beckfield

Version 3.2.33.0 does not appear to have any changes with regard to dng files.  They still won't appear.

Happy2Play

Version 3.2.33.0 does not appear to have any changes with regard to dng files.  They still won't appear.

Sorry but the sample posted in post #20 displays fine on my Windows Test Server.

Happy2Play

Can you try this one?

My Emby server is on Linux Mint 17.2 64bit.

No issues on Windows.

59d5172d890b4_dng.jpg

You will need to post a server log to find your issue.  But probably related to the image processer.

beckfield

I have attached a log file.  I am currently running Firefox on a Windows system, accessing the photo remotely.  I do see some error reports in the log.

EmbyServerLog.txt

Edited by beckfield

Happy2Play

I have attached a log file.  I am currently running Firefox on a Windows system, accessing the photo remotely.  I do see some error reports in the log.

I would say you have a issue with imagemagick on your OS.  So you may need to post in that section of the forum to get better assistance.

Ok, sorry I think our image magick library that we're shipping for linux installs might be missing dng support, my mistake on that.

You might just have to wait a wee bit long because as we migtrate from mono to .net core, we are also switching from imagemagick to skia, and that is what I tested recently with dng support. We have debian packages available for testing, within the next several days I imagine we will have ubuntu packages up:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/

These packages are just for testing and need a little time before we actually put them on the website as the main download, but they are getting closer. thanks.

beckfield

Ok, sorry I think our image magick library that we're shipping for linux installs might be missing dng support, my mistake on that.

You might just have to wait a wee bit long because as we migtrate from mono to .net core, we are also switching from imagemagick to skia, and that is what I tested recently with dng support. We have debian packages available for testing, within the next several days I imagine we will have ubuntu packages up:

These packages are just for testing and need a little time before we actually put them on the website as the main download, but they are getting closer. thanks.

Okay, that's good to know.  Will wait.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
beckfield

The link you provided goes to a page that seems to indicate the .net core code has "gone stable."  Does this include the skia implementation as well?

beckfield

So I'm running Emby server Version 3.2.36.0 on Linux Mint 17.1, but Emby still can't display .dng files.  Is skia something I need to install separately?

beckfield

Attached here.

I should say, I'm currently at work, accessing my server from Firefox 52.5.0 32 bit (ESR channel).  Server is at home.

EmbyServerLog.txt

Edited by beckfield

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@@beckfield, apologies. We ended up keeping our mono packages as-is and releasing brand new packages based on .net core. These new packages also have the Skia image processor, and skia supports dng files. You can install via the instructions on the website but just be aware it would be a brand new installation. thanks !

• 1 month later...
beckfield

So I finally got around to doing this.  I downloaded the new build (3.2.70).  I shut down my existing server, and uninstalled emby-server via Synaptic.  I installed the new version, logged in, and recreated my libraries.  When my Photography library was completed, I was very happy to see that it now displays .dng files with no trouble.

Then the Linux update manager told me that a new version was available.  It reported the new version as 3.2.70+66, or something similar (I'm not in front of the system right now).  I let it install the update, and now Emby Connect sees, but can't connect, to my server.  When I select the server, it reports "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

This is getting frustrating.  Should I not have allowed the upgrade from repository?  Will that eventually be changed?  What happened?  Must I rebuild the server again?

Edited by beckfield

yea at this point you should not use apt-get update and instead just install the .debs from the website. Can you try installing the .deb again over the top of your current install? thanks.

beckfield

yea at this point you should not use apt-get update and instead just install the .debs from the website. Can you try installing the .deb again over the top of your current install? thanks.

I did try that.  Now I'm in a state where I can log into Emby Connect, and no servers are listed.  So I click "Add server," and enter the local IP address, and it says "We can't connect... Make sure it's running..."

I think I need to figure out how to completely eliminate all traces of Emby and start from scratch.  Can you help me with that?

beckfield

What do you mean by the "built-in web app?"  Do you mean clicking the Emby Web App button at the top of this page?  If so, that's what I've been doing.  To be honest, it's the only way I know about.