Subtitle Handling for Converted Media

Nisten
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Nisten

I'm loving the native conversion feature but I also noticed that subtitles play by default whenever I play the converted version (using Universal TV and original quality settings).

I've tried changing subtitle settings to "default" and then to  "Forced subtitles only" but subtitles were displayed on playback nonetheless.

Is this working as designed? If so, is there anyway to toggle when it does/doesn't display?

It's going to be the same as any other video file. Now that you've changed the user setting, try converting another file.

Nisten

the subtitle mode has always been default, shouldn't it only be loading default or forced flagged subtitles?

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

• Solution

Yes but once you make a selection, that selection is remembered. That's why I suggested converting a new file.

• Like 1

Nisten

I wish there was a subtitles off/on toggle for converted media since I've already done a good number of conversions already

Edited by Nisten

Then it would go by their user settings. I imagine in the future we'll have override options directly into the conversion dialog.

Nisten

alright, thanks for the responses [emoji16]

Edited by Nisten