15 replies to this topic

#1 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Local time: 09:40 PM
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 05 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Ran into an issue, and hoping someone can either point me to an existing solution or help me solve the issue.

My Emby Server runs on it's own system in command line Ubuntu Server.

Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS

All my media is on a different server that Emby has Read/Write access to.

Not a Linux expert and have to look most Linux things up, using Linux to force myself to learn it better.

I recently ran into the issue of the Emby root drive filling up due to metadata.  I had started with not having all of the libraries set to download the metadata to the media folders but went back and checked that box.  They continued to not save in the media folders but I didn't have any issues so thought nothing of it.  About a week or two ago I kept getting errors and could not log into the Web side.  Turns out the root folder on my Emby server has filled up.  So I deleted all the metadata on the Emby server.  Still didn't save correctly so I deleted my libraries and recreated them with the save metadata to the media folder checked.  That seemed to work, the metadata is now being saved to the media folders.  I just noticed though that when I add new media, the metadata is not saved to the media folders.  I also noticed that all the JPG, NFO, and SRT files in my media folders are 0 KB and unable to open to anything.  My Emby server root folder hasn't filled up like it did before.  Is there another setting that I'm missing?

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts
  • Local time: 10:40 PM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Hi, let's look at one media item as an example, say a movie. Can you refresh that movie manually and then check the movie folder to see if it populates metadata? thanks !

#3 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Make sure I clear up what I stated above.  If I add new movies or TV shows, they get the metadata, but it isn't saved to the media folder.

I refreshed a movie saying Replace all Metadata including images.  The folder where the media is still only contains the movie file.  The movie is in the library that all my movies are in and the box is checked to save all metadata in the media folder.

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

they get the metadata, but it isn't saved to the media folder.

Then I would check your settings for the Emby library they belong to. What have you enabled there? Can you please show us? thanks.

#5 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

See attached.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   42.6KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   49KB   0 downloads

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

Then in that case you may want to check the permissions on your folders because it's possible that Emby server doesn't have write access to save to them.

#7 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 May 2018 - 11:50 AM

That appears to be the case.  Not sure why these new folders are not inheriting permissions of the parent folder.

#8 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Related to my first post.  The main drive on the Emby server filled up again in metadata.  I have my system set to store the metadata in the media folders.  Any idea why the metadata folder on the emby server is filling up again?

#9 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

This is where we last left off:

Then in that case you may want to check the permissions on your folders because it's possible that Emby server doesn't have write access to save to them.

Did you look into this? If this the reason, this is not an Emby problem. This is something you'll have to resolve. Thanks.

#10 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

All the folders have drwxrwxrwx+ for the username I use to log into the Ubuntu server.

#11 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

I messed up the upgrade just now, since it isn't in the repository.  So I just rebuilt the system.  All my media is on an share and Emby still has drwxrwxrwx+ for the username I use to log into the Ubuntu server.

Running the media scans now.  Hopefully this fixed my issue, waiting to see.

#12 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

Running into a similar issue again and hoping someone can either point me to the post regarding it or help me out.

If I select the entire library, click Refresh metadata, select Replace all metadata, and check Replace existing images, only Zero KB place holder picture files appear.  If I open the library and go to the movie itself and do the same thing, the picture files download correctly.  So to update all I have to manually go to every single file and update one by one.

I just upgraded my command line only Ubuntu Emby server from Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS to 18.04.2 LTS.  Also just upgraded my samba server to the same version of Ubuntu, separate systems.

Not a Linux expert and have to look most Linux things up, using Linux to force myself to learn it.

#13 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

Are you running rclone or mergefs?

#14 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

Unsure as to what either of those are.  Neither seem familiar when I was setting up my emby or samba servers.

The only other thing I did, had help from a linux friend, was to force 777 mount options in my auto mount to the samba server from my emby server.

Edited by Kayser-Sosa, 18 March 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#15 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 121725 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 12:37 PM

Please attach the emby server log,thanks.

#16 Kayser-Sosa OFFLINE  

Kayser-Sosa

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 19 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

Log is attached, this is the only log for 3/19.

I also attached a list of all logs in the folder, let me know if you would like any of the others.

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metadata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users