3.4.0.0 DVDs no longer play / automatic updates

joshf87

joshf87

Since 3.4.0.0 DVDs won't play, clicking the Play button flashes the loading circle briefly and nothing happens. They won't play in Kodi with Embycon without selecting the "Force transcode" option. My only guess is for some reason it is thinking DVDs can be played directly and isn't trying to transcode them for some reason, and no error dialogs appear at all. There doesn't seem to be an issue with MKVs, even ones converted from DVD.

I was trying to stick with 3.3.1.0 for now but it seems to have issues remembering my settings for automatic updates, often it seems to re-enable itself so now it auto-updated to 3.4.0.0.

No transcode log files are generated attempting to play.

Log.txt

Edited by joshf87

joshf87

Ok. This is from "EmbyCon", the other addon "Emby" works fine in addon mode and seems to be playing/transcoding DVDs without having to force it. EmbyCon in Kodi just says "One or more items failed to play", and attempting to play them through browser (tried Chrome/Firefox) nothing happens when clicking Play (a log already attached in the first post) other than the loading circle briefly flashing, no error messages or anything.

kodi-17.6.log

Edited by joshf87

Another log for a browser attempt.

Are there any errors in the browser console? it doesn't even seem like it tried to start playing. Please keep in mind that playback of dvd folder rips in the browser is only experimental, as I'm sure you are seeing the occasional reminder messages about that. Thanks.