TVDB Changes

Happy2Play

Bazzu85

@@Luke

here's the daily update on tvdb forum: https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=57706

Other - the API is currently in limbo, with v1 having launched and v2 still waiting on some db indexes. I believe this should be resolved shortly. I'm not sure why the API isn't working for Kodi and Emby, who I believe both use v1. The focus is on getting v2 API out and then we can dig into that specific instance. The API should be fully backward compatible, so this will get looked at.

can you emby devs speak with tvdb devs to address this issue?

thx

vdatanet

I've added a show to my Plex server with thetvdb agent enabled (only this one). All data is fetched, titles, plots, images... in my localized language. In the Emby server, episodes are not identified. Maybe they fetch the data in a different way.

Edited by vdatanet

WilhelmStroker

I've added a show to my Plex server with thetvdb agent enabled (only this one). All data is fetched, titles, plots, images... in my localized language. In the Emby server, episodes are not identified. Maybe they fetch the data in a different way.

Plex have their own proxy for thetvdb so it's likely fetching from theirs, rather than directly ftom the tvdb.

Right, by having their own copy, they can wait for all of this to be over before they finally decide to pull in the changes.

Dizzy49

Can confirm TVDB still not working for episode metadata. Adding TheMovieDB fixes for now.

@@Dizzy49 - "How to add Providers": Goto  Manage Server > Library. Select "Manage library" from the "..." menu of the desired library (i.e. TV Shows).

Cheers.

Ok, that much I knew.  I thought you were actually adding new/additional providers to that list.

daniel.bmyer

@@daniel.bmyer

I'm running Emby Server on Unraid.  For whatever reason since upgrading to the newest docker of emby the Auto Organize doesn't seem to work.  It sees the files in the watched folder but doesn't import them...see screenshot.  The TV Show is in my library and the previous episodes did get imported into my library.  Stopped working after upgrading to the latest version.

5d449b0477fc4_ao.jpg

daniel.bmyer

@@daniel.bmyer

Not sure what happened to my post.  I thought I had posted this and yet, it seems to have disappeared.

I just upgraded to the latest version of emby server docker on my unraid server.  Not it seems auto organize is not working.

I have 4 tv show episodes sitting in my watched folder which I just downloaded today.  They are not being moved to the right folder and imported into the library.

They just fail.  The tv show is in the library as the previous episodes imported.  As well, if I click the folder button to the right and select the tv series I get "Error - Error Nul".

5d449e84d3374_ao.jpg

swenth

Hello i am struggling with emby trying to get my media matches and download Season poster images

i have not enabled download in advance

tried to scan with all each database also delete and scan all again and reinstalling Emby

embyserver.txt

I believe at this point for what we're using, all api's are working again, except for one. Unfortunately that one is a very important one so we just have to wait.

When we download the series zip file it is returning a bad zip file, and therefore we're unable to get series or episode level metadata. You can verify this on your own by putting the url to a zip file in a browser and downloading it. Other zip reading programs are unable to read it.

I just re-tested this and it is working now. it's possible that all functions are fully restored now, but I'll have to test a little more to confirm.

I just re-tested this and it is working now. it's possible that all functions are fully restored now, but I'll have to test a little more to confirm.

Actually no, not quite yet. It is working for some series now though.

Happy2Play

Was just going to say the few series I just test on downloaded broke/damaged zip.

But searching there website is coming back somewhat broken also for me right now.

Edited by Happy2Play

For those reading remember that when this is all cleared up, you'll likely need to do manual refreshes of metadata on series that are missing metadata or images due to this.

daniel.bmyer

@@daniel.bmyer

Not sure what happened to my post.  I thought I had posted this and yet, it seems to have disappeared.

I just upgraded to the latest version of emby server docker on my unraid server.  Not it seems auto organize is not working.

I have 4 tv show episodes sitting in my watched folder which I just downloaded today.  They are not being moved to the right folder and imported into the library.

They just fail.  The tv show is in the library as the previous episodes imported.  As well, if I click the folder button to the right and select the tv series I get "Error - Error Nul".

5d449e84d3374_ao.jpg

Any ideas on the above?  

Any ideas on the above?  

Yes, just follow this topic and try again once tvdb has cleared up the issues on their side.

Bazzu85

Yes, just follow this topic and try again once tvdb has cleared up the issues on their side.

Tvdb devs says to clear the cache but not on client browser..

Is this an yours intervention?

Tvdb devs says to clear the cache but not on client browser..

Is this an yours intervention?

Not sure what you're asking but there shouldn't be anything that requires clearing.

vdatanet

It seems to be working now

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1

Pog22

As of 2 minutes ago it's still not working for me

2019-08-03 08:18:45.156 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-08-03 08:18:48.229 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-08-03 08:18:48.263 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/media/plexdrive/tv/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood - S01E06 - Plague.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-08-03 08:18:48.287 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-08-03 08:18:52.131 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-08-03 08:18:52.186 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/media/plexdrive/tv/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood - S01E10 - Mister Wu.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data

vdatanet

As of 2 minutes ago it's still not working for me

2019-08-03 08:18:45.156 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-08-03 08:18:48.229 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-08-03 08:18:48.263 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/media/plexdrive/tv/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood - S01E06 - Plague.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2019-08-03 08:18:48.287 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2019-08-03 08:18:52.131 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
2019-08-03 08:18:52.186 Info MediaEncoder: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /bin/ffprobe -i file:"/media/plexdrive/tv/Deadwood/Season 1/Deadwood - S01E10 - Mister Wu.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data

I had 5 shows pending to match on Auto Organize folder. Now all are matched, titles, plots, images... 

Edited by vdatanet