TVDB Changes

Happy2Play

Joe001

Yesterday I added 3 new movies to my collection an it is not retrieving any metadata. is tvdb itself causing this issue?

crusher11

The TVDB is transitioning to a new version at the moment, and it's causing some issues temporarily. There's a thread about it further down.

Kodi_Newcomer

Yesterday I added 3 new movies to my collection an it is not retrieving any metadata. is tvdb itself causing this issue?

At the same time, yesterday i have add 2 movies, and they were filled up with images and infos, all fine for movies. Its another scraper or another site. tvdb is only for series, what i know.

Dizzy49

@@Luke, thanks!

I've just noticed, that the links are providing an 404 error... :-(

I will try to use another provider.

Adding several other Providers in the Library settings, seemed to work fine.

The interesting part is, that tvdb has worked for the last couple of days, when I've started with adding the Shows...When it stopped, it seemed to be around the same time, when the plugin was installed, as shown in my screenshot above.

Also, I am a bit confused, that the plugin was not updated, since I thought, it was already installed.

As of 9AM MST it's still not working for episodes.

How do you add other Providers?  I only have TVDB, Open Movie Database and Movie DB.

Any idea if the Anime plugin is working again?

Can confirm TVDB still not working for episode metadata. Adding TheMovieDB fixes for now.

@@Dizzy49 - "How to add Providers": Goto  Manage Server > Library. Select "Manage library" from the "..." menu of the desired library (i.e. TV Shows).

Cheers.

diaz1510

Yeah, looks like episodes are no longer auto-organizing on my end either.  None of them are.

Anyway, I can wait til it gets fixed, but I just thought of an interesting question.  If TVDB isn't working and I have all the other metadata sites listed (but lower in priority), shouldn't it grab form those other sites instead instead of just not doing anything?  I've got my TV library to use TVDB first, but also have the other ones listed lower in priority, but it still isn't grabbing any info from them.

crusher11

I added Police Squad a couple of hours ago and other than lacking a lot of artwork everything is fine.

blade005

Yeah, looks like episodes are no longer auto-organizing on my end either.  None of them are.

Anyway, I can wait til it gets fixed, but I just thought of an interesting question.  If TVDB isn't working and I have all the other metadata sites listed (but lower in priority), shouldn't it grab form those other sites instead instead of just not doing anything?  I've got my TV library to use TVDB first, but also have the other ones listed lower in priority, but it still isn't grabbing any info from them.

I thought the same thing. I have priority set for TVDB and then TheMovieDB and thought it would move through your priority list for Metadata and Images.

The note underneath the settings does say that lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information. Is this a Catch-22 situation? If TVDB fetches nothing, then TheMovieDB doesn't identify anything as missing?

Enable and rank your preferred metadata downloaders in order of priority. Lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information.
Edited by blade005

How to report a problem. (And not here as this already has it's own topic of discussion). Thanks.

Siutsch

I thought the same thing. I have priority set for TVDB and then TheMovieDB and thought it would move through your priority list for Metadata and Images.

The note underneath the settings does say that lower priority downloaders will only be used to fill in missing information. Is this a Catch-22 situation? If TVDB fetches nothing, then TheMovieDB doesn't identify anything as missing?

@@Luke

Can you please answer this question?

vdatanet

How to report a problem. (And not here as this already has it's own topic of discussion). Thanks.

So we have to open another topic for the Auto Organize issue? Is not related on this? I mean Auto Organize is unable to match an episode.

Edited by vdatanet

So we have to open another topic for the Auto Organize issue? Is not related on this? I mean Auto Organize is unable to match an episode.

His question is why aren't other providers being utilized, which is not specifically related to this. AutoOrganize uses the same mechanism as the library scan so you can just follow along with existing threads.

• Like 2

Bazzu85

so guys,

I don't get what is broken..

are tvdb api?

because refreshing a show I don't have anymore the plots..

and some translaction are missing..

daedalus

so guys,

I don't get what is broken..

are tvdb api?

because refreshing a show I don't have anymore the plots..

and some translaction are missing..

tvdb is again reworking it's things and considering the last change, they will need weeks to even settle the basics down and if then all will be even worse than before

on the website they already took the next step deeper into making every visit a nightmare :wacko: 

emby devs also seems not to know what the net step will be or just don't want to tell us, cause no word on topic up to now

Edited by daedalus

Dizzy49

I enabled everything in the Library setup, and disabled TVDB.  Still no joy with Auto Organize.

I don't mind moving stuff manually for a few days.  I watch WAY too many things to do it much more than that.  Additionally, I just move it with <tv series name>.SxxEyy.mkv  If I then drop that file back into my Sort folder for Auto Organize to rename and move, it doesn't rename it, it just moves the file.  VERY annoying.  Makes an already annoying situation worse.

Bazzu85

tvdb is again reworking it's things and considering the last change, they will need weeks to even settle the basics down and if then all will be even worse than before

on the website they already took the next step deeper into making every visit a nightmare :wacko: 

emby devs also seems not to know what the net step will be or just don't want to tell us, cause no word on topic up to now

Here's a reply from his forum..

Maybe the reverse proxy is the temp solution

post-176733-0-42498300-1564769630_thumb.png

daedalus

emby seems to try to query tvdb even if it is unselected in the settings and the fallback to the next provider also doesn't seem to work

2019-08-02 20:13:01.160 Info App: Sorting file D:\chicago-fire-s07e22-1080p.mkv
2019-08-02 20:13:01.228 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/258541/all/de.zip
2019-08-02 20:13:01.329 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.3.0.0
    Command line: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/***USERID***/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.NotSupportedException: System.NotSupportedException: Unknown header: 1148405077
       at SharpCompress.Common.Zip.ZipHeaderFactory.ReadHeader(UInt32 headerBytes, BinaryReader reader, Boolean zip64)
       at SharpCompress.Common.Zip.StreamingZipHeaderFactory.ReadStreamHeader(Stream stream)+MoveNext()
       at SharpCompress.Readers.Zip.ZipReader.GetEntries(Stream stream)+MoveNext()
       at SharpCompress.Readers.IReaderExtensions.WriteAllToDirectory(IReader reader, String destinationDirectory, ExtractionOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Archiving.ZipClient.ExtractAllFromZip(Stream source, String targetPath, Boolean overwriteExistingFiles)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetSearchResults(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: SharpCompress
    TargetSite: SharpCompress.Common.Zip.Headers.ZipHeader ReadHeader(UInt32, System.IO.BinaryReader, Boolean)

2019-08-02 20:13:01.333 Warn App: No provider metadata found for Chicago Fire season 7 episode 22

post-143-0-56024300-1564769860_thumb.png

Edited by daedalus

emby seems to try to query tvdb even if it is unselected in the settings and the fallback to the next provider also doesn't seem to work

2019-08-02 20:13:01.160 Info App: Sorting file D:\chicago-fire-s07e22-1080p.mkv
2019-08-02 20:13:01.228 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.thetvdb.com/api/B89CE93890E9419B/series/258541/all/de.zip
2019-08-02 20:13:01.329 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.3.0.0
    Command line: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/***USERID***/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\***USERID***\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.NotSupportedException: System.NotSupportedException: Unknown header: 1148405077
       at SharpCompress.Common.Zip.ZipHeaderFactory.ReadHeader(UInt32 headerBytes, BinaryReader reader, Boolean zip64)
       at SharpCompress.Common.Zip.StreamingZipHeaderFactory.ReadStreamHeader(Stream stream)+MoveNext()
       at SharpCompress.Readers.Zip.ZipReader.GetEntries(Stream stream)+MoveNext()
       at SharpCompress.Readers.IReaderExtensions.WriteAllToDirectory(IReader reader, String destinationDirectory, ExtractionOptions options)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Archiving.ZipClient.ExtractAllFromZip(Stream source, String targetPath, Boolean overwriteExistingFiles)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String saveAsMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.DownloadSeriesZip(String seriesId, String idType, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String seriesDataPath, Nullable`1 lastTvDbUpdateTime, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(Dictionary`2 seriesProviderIds, String seriesName, Nullable`1 seriesYear, String preferredMetadataLanguage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetSearchResults(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: SharpCompress
    TargetSite: SharpCompress.Common.Zip.Headers.ZipHeader ReadHeader(UInt32, System.IO.BinaryReader, Boolean)

2019-08-02 20:13:01.333 Warn App: No provider metadata found for Chicago Fire season 7 episode 22

attachicon.gifAnmerkung 2019-08-02 201710.png

Let's please keep this thread on topic, and please also keep beta related discussion in the testing area. Thanks.

I believe at this point for what we're using, all api's are working again, except for one. Unfortunately that one is a very important one so we just have to wait.

When we download the series zip file it is returning a bad zip file, and therefore we're unable to get series or episode level metadata. You can verify this on your own by putting the url to a zip file in a browser and downloading it. Other zip reading programs are unable to read it.

diaz1510

His question is why aren't other providers being utilized, which is not specifically related to this. AutoOrganize uses the same mechanism as the library scan so you can just follow along with existing threads.

Not a problem @@Luke I can submit a new post on this issue. I have a feeling the TVDB issue is on their end and not necessarily on Emby, so I got no issues waitin on a fix. Just felt they were inter-related and the metadata problem from other providers may have been issue for a long time, but never manifested or became obvious because I was always getting all the metadata I needed from them until this issue with TVDB reared its head.

Edited by diaz1510