Photo

Emby - Alexa Integration New Feature

Default Player Echo Music Library Use Echo as Emby Player Alexa Emby Skill Feature

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sam865 OFFLINE  

Sam865

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Local time: 08:40 PM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:46 AM

Virtually ALL of my music is available through my Emby server, including all my songs that were purchased through Amazon Music. I also have hundreds of other music albums on my Emby server.

Amazon just announced that at the end of April, 2018, they will no long permit future uploads of personal songs (not purchased through Amazon Music). Therefore, none of my personal songs will be available through Alexa except those that I have already uploaded.

I've enabled the Alexa Emby skill and I've used it successfully to play songs through the default Emby player, which happens to be a Roku 3 connected to my TV speakers. The sound quality is not great for music listening, but that's the fault of the speakers – not the Emby server/player.

My Echo Dot is connected by bluetooth to a very high-quality stereo speaker system. Unfortunately, the Echo is not available as an Emby media player. It would be great if Emby could play my personal collection by sending it directly to the Echo Dot.

I'm guessing that there are technical issues that would make this difficult if not impossible, or it would have already been done.

• Tremas likes this

#2 Sam865 OFFLINE  

Sam865

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Local time: 08:40 PM

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

I think I need to clarify my original new-feature request.

When I use  the Emby skill with the Amazon Echo, I would like to use a voice command to tell Emby to play a song or album and have it play directly to the Amazon Echo device instead of to the default Emby player. (In my case, the default Emby player is set to a Roku 3.) Is this possible or can it be added as a new feature?

#3 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1641 posts
  • Local time: 12:40 AM
  • Locationuk

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

Does Amazon support streaming audio from 3rd party skills/services? i agree if emby could support Alexa as a client and not justa command interface, that would be excellent.,

#4 arrbee99 OFFLINE  

arrbee99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3044 posts
  • Local time: 01:40 PM
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

Am using mymediaalexa.com which works well until its (hopefully) possible via Emby.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 140425 posts
  • Local time: 07:40 PM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

It's something we plan to look at in a future alexa update. Thanks guys.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Default Player, Echo, Music Library, Use Echo as Emby Player, Alexa Emby Skill Feature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users