To whom it may concern,
I'm running Emby Server version 18.104.22.168 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.
The problem that I'm having, while minor, is still annoying.
First a little background on my Folder arrangement — which is necessary to illustrate the problem. On my sever I have a folder called Media, under which I have several sub-folders — each of which is a network share — named Books, Films, Images, Music, Shows and Video, respectively. Under both the Films and the Shows sub-folders I have 27 additional sub-folders — each of which has a one-character name, starting with 'A' and continuing on through 'Z', with the 27th having a name of '#'. For films, for example, all of the titles that start with a number (e.g.—2 Days in the Valley (1996); 7th Voyage of Sinbad, The (1958); 9 (2009); 12 Angry Men (1957)) has a correspondingly named sub-folder under Media\Films\#, which contains its video file, and all of its other related metadata files. I do this for all of my movies: Titles starting with "A", are located in sub-folder A under Media\Films, titles starting with "B", are located in B, and so on, for the rest of the alphabet. No problem. Emby Server recognizes this structure, and handles the metadata for each movie in its self-titled sub-folder with absolutely no trouble.
When it comes to TV Shows, on the other hand, Emby Server is not so accommodating! As mentioned earlier, my Shows sub-folder has the same arrangement as my Films sub-folder (i.e.—sub-folders named "A" through "Z", plus "#") — however, Emby Server treats each of the "A" through "Z", and the "#", sub-folders as though it were the primary repository for a TV Show! Even though there are other sub-folders within each of the "A" through "Z" sub-folders for actual TV Shows, Emby Server still place images and .nfo files directly into the "A" through "Z" sub-folders! Plus, when I go into the Emby Metadata Manager, the "A" through "Z" sub-folders are themselves identified as TV Shows! For example, sub-folder "L" is designated as the resting place for The L-Word, sub-folder "Z" for Dragon Ball Z, and so on. Deleting the files and changing the designations in the Metadata Manager does no good, as Emby Server simply changes them back and re-adds the files! I have to "lock" each of these sub-folders to prevent Emby Server from re-applying the designations — of course, this has the undesired side-effect of disabling metadata updates in all of the sub-folders that reside therein (with each sub-folder containing an actual TV Show)!
Also, this problem has appeared in all of the versions of the Emby Server that I have used (I started, years ago, with, what I think was, version 1.something). I find it odd that no one else appears to be having the same problem. I doubt that I'm the only one who has this folder arrangement.
In any case, thanks for an otherwise nice product.
Edited by ChicGeek, 03 April 2018 - 12:06 PM.