Emby Cloud Google Drive

InMemoriam

• 4 weeks later...
gsites

Hello,

Unfortunately my premiere emby won and I could not use cloud sync correctly, just upload but it is not possible to trigger the play of what is in cloudsync, and nothing makes playing, roky or otherwise.

I'm sad, I'm going to continue using PLEX until the emby runs in cloudsynd.
Emby is fantastic, but, is not complete to face the days we live in technology.

What I will miss is to know in the forum EMBY PREMIERE about the tools are updated or not, because without the license EMBY PREMIERE can not access the forum.

I will say it again, EMBY is Wonderful, but, is delayed in solving problems that would bring much more joy to 98% of users.

Do a search of what is most important to fix in emby, and you will see that almost everyone wants the CLOUD SYNC at least running. So why not listen to what mass users need?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

i also cant not add google drive account. any one can help me to fix?

Hi there, can you please provide a little more information? What happens when you try to add it?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
sarutobi

Good Morning, I have some questions about the sync service with google driver. When the app is playing a file that is on google drive will it download the file to the server to then move to the app? thus spending both download and upload the connection to the server emby?

Good Morning, I have some questions about the sync service with google driver. When the app is playing a file that is on google drive will it download the file to the server to then move to the app? thus spending both download and upload the connection to the server emby?

Keep in mind the media is ALREADY LOCAL to your server.

The cloud version is a SYNCed version.

When you think about it that way there would not be a reason to download the cloud version to the server because it already has a local version and can use it AS IS or transcode it any way needed.

Google Drive Syncing can't be used to "move" content from locally stored to the cloud.  It still must remain local.  The goal of this is to put a version in the cloud that has already been transcoded (if needed) to be able to play back on just about any device and not require your upload bandwidth any more.

The client will "talk" to the Emby server and tell it to play X media.  The server looks up and sees it has it locally as well as the cloud version.  Checks capabilities of client and cloud version and if compatible tells the client app to play it back DIRECTLY from the cloud source taking your server out of the loop of the actual file transfer.

Cloud sync make sense when you have limited upload bandwidth and are trying to accommodate remote users. If you know a movies or TV show is going to be played back more then one time from outside your house this will allow you to only "upload" it one time.

For example you may know a movie like "Bumblebee" will get played by a few people.  You know Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory episodes will get played so you SYNC your popular stuff.  Obviously far more uses of sync then just this but it's a popular reason to use it.

how to make a library or menu just to play files that are synchronized on google drive?

Thank  you

As Luke said it doesn't work that way BUT

you could do a work-around and create a new Movie library called "Cloud Movies", "New Releases" or something like that and set that library up to sync it's content to the cloud.  Then anything you add to that library gets synced.  This would enable you to keep the popular stuff there.  You could do the same for TV Shows but it'll be clunky since you could have episodes split between libraries.

Kind of a pain but this would work for movies I'd think.

As Luke said it doesn't work that way BUT

you could do a work-around and create a new Movie library called "Cloud Movies", "New Releases" or something like that and set that library up to sync it's content to the cloud.  Then anything you add to that library gets synced.  This would enable you to keep the popular stuff there.  You could do the same for TV Shows but it'll be clunky since you could have episodes split between libraries.

Kind of a pain but this would work for movies I'd think.

Yes, I'm understanding, good idea.

• 10 months later...

hi on 4.3.0.30 Emby Premier i cannot find Google Drive Plugin!?

Hi there, have you explored the Emby plugin catalog?