Dropbox Sync Never Completes

TheBrainninja

TheBrainninja

Howdy everyone,

I've tried to use the sync feature a few times, with no success; the transcode seems to complete, but it fails on the Cloud & Folder Sync task every time. I went through the Dropbox plugin setup and everything seemed fine (generated App key and Secret, configured my Account), but then It shows the Transfer at 0%, with the scheduled task hanging at 3% forever.

I checked through the logs and I can tell that some error occurs when it attempts to connect to Dropbox, but I'm honestly not sure how to interpret the error.

2018-03-19 00:27:59.355 Error HttpClient: Error ProtocolError getting response from https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_metadata
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.1.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.0.66
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Tue May  2 22:26:20 UTC 2017)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (409) Conflict.
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0 
	System.Net.WebException
	  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00064] in <5641e4edad4f4464ba58c620a7b8ea48>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1[TResult].FromAsyncCoreLogic (System.IAsyncResult iar, System.Func`2[T,TResult] endFunction, System.Action`1[T] endAction, System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1[TResult] promise, System.Boolean requiresSynchronization) [0x00014] in <dbb16e0bacdc4a0f87478e401bc29b6c>:0

There are other errors listed too (further down) but this is the one that specifically seems relevant to the Dropbox action.

Any ideas? I looked around, and none of the other sync error threads seemed to coincide with my issue.

• 4 weeks later...
TheBrainninja

@@TheBrainninja, was this by chance trying to upload a very large file?

Not to my knowledge, but I wasn't able to see the file size; I was attempting to compress a ~30GB blu-ray rip (using the General -> High preset), then sync it to Dropbox. I'm not sure how large the resulting file was, but it seemed to finish compressing fine. Is there some way I can find the compressed file manually?

TheBrainninja

@@TheBrainninja, was this by chance trying to upload a very large file?

To follow up, I retried the same movie on the Low preset, and it successfully synced a 1GB file. Seems like the size was the problem, so thank you! I would love more granularity on the Custom option, but it's helpful to know that a smaller file will work. Thanks!

I think we are going to possibly have to break up the larger ones into mulitple transfers. We'll need to research what Dropbox is expecting there. Thanks.