metadata: refresh ratings - strange behavior

horstepipe

horstepipe

Maybe I hit some api limits as I add multiple movies at a time (around 5) and then it falls back to themoviedb?

horstepipe

Second problem:

I manually edited the plot from the movie. So I expected by selecting "search for missing metadata" instead of "replace all metadata" my changes would persist, but they don't. The plot is being set back to the one from TheMovieDB.

Okay problem one and three are clarified, but this one is not.

Just setup a FRESH Emby server on my Windows PC, added one movie, changed the plot, refreshed it with "search for missing metadata" and the plot was reset, too.

I hope this is not the way it was intended to?

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Found another problem. That hard-coded behavior is only true when you refresh an existing movie. When a new movie is being added to database initially, the rating from TheMovieDatabase is being fetched. Also, there’s no rotten tomatoes Score being fetched as it is also provided by OMDB. When you refresh the movie afterwards you get the OMDB + RT ratings.

@@Luke

This is also reproducable on my FRESH Emby installation. I attached another log from the fresh Emby server installation (hopefully) showing the things going wrong:

Here is what I did:

- Added a movie library containing the following example movies  (files are in .strm format in seperated movie folders):

Buddy - Der Weihnachtself (2003)
Caddyshack - Terror auf dem Golfplatz (1980)
Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)
Das Spiel (2017)
Ferdinand - Geht STIERisch ab! (2017)
Justice League (2017)
The secret Man (2017)

- waited until library scan has finished and checked the movies. All movies except Justice League got the rating from TheMovieDatabase. Justice League got the rating from OMDB (with rotten tomatoes rating).

- Refreshed the movie 'Coco - Lebendinger als das Leben' with setting 'search for missing metadata'. After the refresh the movie got the correct rating from OMDB with rotten tomatoes rating.

- Then I edited the overview field of the same movie (Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben), added the string

Test123 - 

at the beginning of the plot. Saved it and refreshed again with "search for missing metadata'. Result: The overview/plot was set back to the original without my string 'Test123'.

As this is a fresh installation I'm really wondering how you can't be able to reproduce this.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

This is also reproducable on my FRESH Emby installation. I attached another log from the fresh Emby server installation (hopefully) showing the things going wrong:

Here is what I did:

- Added a movie library containing the following example movies  (files are in .strm format in seperated movie folders):

Buddy - Der Weihnachtself (2003)
Caddyshack - Terror auf dem Golfplatz (1980)
Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)
Das Spiel (2017)
Ferdinand - Geht STIERisch ab! (2017)
Justice League (2017)
The secret Man (2017)
- waited until library scan has finished and checked the movies. All movies except Justice League got the rating from TheMovieDatabase. Justice League got the rating from OMDB (with rotten tomatoes rating).

- Refreshed the movie 'Coco - Lebendinger als das Leben' with setting 'search for missing metadata'. After the refresh the movie got the correct rating from OMDB with rotten tomatoes rating.

- Then I edited the overview field of the same movie (Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben), added the string

Test123 - 
at the beginning of the plot. Saved it and refreshed again with "search for missing metadata'. Result: The overview/plot was set back to the original without my string 'Test123'.

As this is a fresh installation I'm really wondering how you can't be able to reproduce this.

@@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce this?

Did a quick test,  I can reproduce not getting "rating from OMDB (with rotten tomatoes rating) on initial scan using the foreign title "Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)" but using "Coco (2017)" pulled OMDB (RT rating) on initial fetch.

I can not reproduce Overview edit and "Refresh Missing metadata" overwriting it.

I tested on current Windows beta, but can test on stable if needed.

First fetch OMDB returns no results,

2018-03-17 14:04:32.023 Debug App: Running OmdbItemProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)\Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017).disc
2018-03-17 14:04:32.023 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&y=2017&t=Coco+-+Lebendiger+als+das+Leben&type=movie
2018-03-17 14:04:32.102 Debug App: OmdbItemProvider returned no metadata for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Videos\Movies - DB\Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)\Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017).disc
Edited by Happy2Play

horstepipe

I can not reproduce Overview edit and "Refresh Missing metadata" overwriting it.

mhh so what am I supposed to do, I can't imagine anything more meaningful than trying it on a fresh installation.

At least this doesn't seem to happen when refreshing the whole library.

horstepipe

Did a quick test,  I can reproduce not getting "rating from OMDB (with rotten tomatoes rating) on initial scan using the foreign title "Coco - Lebendiger als das Leben (2017)" but using "Coco (2017)" pulled OMDB (RT rating) on initial fetch.

@@Luke are you able to fix that?

@@Happy2Play was your test without any local metadata?

Your intention was right, it works as intended with local metadata. Are you able to fix that? :-)

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

No I can't. Try for yourself on the omdb search page:

http://omdbapi.com/

But as I said it works when I refresh the movie. So shouldn’t you be able to implement a mechanism doing this automatically?

Because by the time you refresh you probably got an imdb id from another provider. make sure to use default settings with moviedb prioritized first.

horstepipe

Because by the time you refresh you probably got an imdb id from another provider. make sure to use default settings with moviedb prioritized first.

I have those settings ‚movieDB first. It just doesn’t work on initial scan to get the ratings from omdb.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play was your test without any local metadata?

Okay if metadata is not local a Refresh missing metadata overwrites Overview, but does not overwrite Overview if Overview is Locked.  At least in my tests.

Happy2Play

I have those settings ‚movieDB first. It just doesn’t work on initial scan to get the ratings from omdb.

To me that make since, as it unidentifiable at OMDB until a proper id comes from another provider.  So my guess a search by name can always be a issue at OMDB.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Yeah so can’t you do it somehow like this?

Fetch the IDs from TheMovieDB, then pass it to OMDB to get the ratings?

With moviedb first, i was able to reproduce the issue and it's resolved for the next release. but moviedb must be prioritized first.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Okay if metadata is not local a Refresh missing metadata overwrites Overview, but does not overwrite Overview if Overview is Locked.  At least in my tests.

Thank you very much!

Will this one be fixed, too?

• 1 month later...