metadata: refresh ratings - strange behavior

horstepipe

horstepipe

Hey

My initial aim was to update the rating of a movie for testing purposes, so I can do it for all movies in metadata manager afterwards. But I'm seeing some odd/unexpected behavior here:

First problem:

My metadata fetching settings for movies is

- first priority themoviedb

- second priority OMDB

When I refresh the movie "Clerks"

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/2292-clerks

I'm getting the rating 7.8 which corresponds the rating from OMDB/IMDB and not TheMovieDB, where it is 73%. Why is this happening? Is fetching ratings from themoviedb not possible anymore?

Second problem:

I manually edited the plot from the movie. So I expected by selecting "search for missing metadata" instead of "replace all metadata" my changes would persist, but they don't. The plot is being set back to the one from TheMovieDB.

third problem:

Even if I go to metadata manager -> movies

and unselect the overview field at the active fields section, the plot is being replaced by the original one. So this function seems to be useless at all.

Is this all a little buggy at the moment or am I getting these functions completely wrong?

I'm running Emby Server v3.3.0.0 .

Best regards

I'm getting the rating 7.8 which corresponds the rating from OMDB/IMDB and not TheMovieDB, where it is 73%. Why is this happening? Is fetching ratings from themoviedb not possible anymore?

Most users want the Omdb ratings given that they closely align with Imdb, so we have some hard-coded behavior to give the rating field priority from Omdb. It is only meant to be temporary until we can have field level settings. You can turn it off by disabling Omdb altogether.

• Like 1

Even if I go to metadata manager -> movies

and unselect the overview field at the active fields section, the plot is being replaced by the original one. So this function seems to be useless at all.

Can you list out all the steps please? thanks.

I manually edited the plot from the movie. So I expected by selecting "search for missing metadata" instead of "replace all metadata" my changes would persist, but they don't. The plot is being set back to the one from TheMovieDB.

Does your movie have an nfo file in the folder?

horstepipe

Does your movie have an nfo file in the folder?

Nope, I don’t save metadata with the media files.

horstepipe

Most users want the Omdb ratings given that they closely align with Imdb, so we have some hard-coded behavior to give the rating field priority from Omdb. It is only meant to be temporary until we can have field level settings. You can turn it off by disabling Omdb altogether.

That’s good to know, actually I prefer OMDB ratings, too.

horstepipe

Can you list out all the steps please? thanks.

Metadata manager

->select Movies on the left pane (I don't select a specific movie, but the whole "folder" (see screenshot)

-> scroll down on the right pane to the category "active fields"

-> uncheck "overview"

agL9f86.png

Edited by horstepipe

Ok, I tested this and it works fine for me. Perhaps you did select replace all metadata?

horstepipe

Ok, I tested this and it works fine for me. Perhaps you did select replace all metadata?

nope, just tried it again. Have you tested it under the same circumstances?

- no metadata/nfo within the movie folder

- Emby stable server

horstepipe

Can you double check the movie folder? Maybe there is an old nfo in there.

nope, only the strm file. Sent you the log

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Found another problem. That hard-coded behavior is only true when you refresh an existing movie. When a new movie is being added to database initially, the rating from TheMovieDatabase is being fetched. Also, there’s no rotten tomatoes Score being fetched as it is also provided by OMDB. When you refresh the movie afterwards you get the OMDB + RT ratings.

Happy2Play

Sorry I am unable to reproduce this on my Windows test machine.

Metadata manager

->select Movies on the left pane (I don't select a specific movie, but the whole "folder" (see screenshot)

-> scroll down on the right pane to the category "active fields"

-> uncheck "overview"

agL9f86.png

@@Luke This individual field locking is not possible at library level correct?  Testing you can lock the item and it will propagate, but individual fields will not.

horstepipe

Hmm okay I will setup a fresh Emby Server on my windows pc and check how it behaves there.

Not sure yet but this the danger we run into from having so many settings. It's just hard for us to test all of the possible combinations.

• Like 1

horstepipe

That's not true. Works fine in my testing.

indeed it seems to be completeley random here. I'm adding always more than one movie. Most of them get the themoviedb rating (added by scheduled library scan), some of them get the omdb rating, very strange...

I'll get dressed my Columbo coat and try to find out under which circumstances this happens.

horstepipe

Maybe omdb doesn't have data for some titles.

Nope, when I refresh those titles, data is being fetched by omdb