Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

Pog22

Left mine running overnight setup with my wan IP (not possible with local IP as it's docker with reverse proxy and cloudflare) and it just hung did not complete.

reggi

@, mmmm. You probably hit a bug somewhere in the test tool.

@@jaycedk, than your run has indeed some strange numbers at the moment. You do have a lot of shows but it shouldn't increase time. I'll have a look again later to see what could've happened. 

mgworek

Just wanted to say that the docker has been running for a couple of days now and the syncs are working, no longer crashing with a locked database.

Only thing that seems off is the user stats aren't right but everything else seems to be working.

Edited by mgworek
  • Like 1

reggi

@@mgworek, nice to hear it's running a bit better now! Thanks for the update.

I have been testing some more with the LiteDB and I do feel like that will be a better way to go then staying with SQLite. So next release will be a bit huge, new database, new UI framework and I'm also migrating to Azure Devops for my builds. So the versioning will change a bit as well. Instead of x.y.z-dev.a it will look like x.y.z.a-develop (using proper GitFlow implementation). If any is forking the project, the default branch will switch from "dev" to "develop" as well!

I'll keep you all posted when the new release is out.

• Like 2

Pog22

Cool, looking forward to testing. Will you be able to add the externally facing hostname option to the library links?

• Like 1

reggi

I'll try to include that as well in the release. But at the moment I just want to make sure that the migration is done correctly (UI migrations is taking a lot of time at the moment)

After that I will add the externally facing hostname as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
reggi

Hey guys,

I've been busy with migrating the app to a new UI system. I was 60% complete when I found out I need to move back to Google Material Design because of some issues but there seems to be a solution to get a proper bootstrap grid system in material design. Long story short, I have to recreate all the pages again (will be fast since I have done it already for most pages)

But, I have a question for you all. At the moment, I'm working with tabs in the movies, shows and settings pages. I can also place all tabs under each other so you will have one long page (I can create a vertical split so on the left you have actor stats and right you have missing episodes for example). But I'm not sure what would be best, tabs or just 1 page. (Just to be clear, movies, shows and settings would have their own page still)

Edited by reggi

PenkethBoy

Hi @@reggi

not sure i quite follow your question

could you show a couple of screenshots - as might be easier to follow that way :)

reggi

Created 2 mockups, tabs.png is what we have now. one-page.png is a new design that might be better. It will be just a long vertical scrollable page instead of tabs.

post-33776-0-53505200-1557679467_thumb.png

post-33776-0-11284500-1557679475_thumb.png

Diedrich

One page might become too busy, you may find that the tabs would keep the information close at hand but also keep the UI clean.

reggi

Thanks for the feedback guys! 

I'll try to implement the one page model a bit more but keep in mind that it will not get too busy. Maybe I can add some spacers between the different modules to keep it clear, don't know yet.

• Like 1

WilhelmStroker

Once this is a bit further developed, I would also love to be able to use it with Organizr V2. It currently works but needs an official good looking icon :)

• Like 1

reggi

But indeed, I first have to get some stable release, but for some reason I keep refactoring stuff :P 

• Like 1

WilhelmStroker

As I'm rebuilding my emby server, can I run this as a service on Windows? With something like nssm?

adrianwi

It seems to have moved on a fair bit since I last looked, so well done for that!

It installed and updated without any issues and after the initial page scans works pretty quickly too.  It looks like it does most (if not all) or what the plugin did now?  It's still missing the who, what, when type history that would make it really powerful, but I'm sure it's still on your list.

Keep up the great work!!!

WilhelmStroker

As I'm rebuilding my emby server, can I run this as a service on Windows? With something like nssm?

quoting myself, yes, NSSM works like a charm this, just create a service to point to embystat.exe. As you're in the process of refacturing stuff, i'm not sure how interested you are in the few typos I found in some of the message text (when the media task is running in the background and when the small sync job hasn't run yet)?

hshah

I quite like the one page view because it would then just be a dashboard of sorts.  I am not sure how it would work on a mobile though, so if you haven't already, it may be something to test.  If you opt for the one page view, are there plans on making it configurable, so that users can select the "modules" they want and possibly move them around?

@@reggi, on a separate note, is the nightly-linux image broken?  Docker seems to think it is the Windows version and refuses to download it.  I had pulled it a few weeks ago, so I know it used to work.

reggi

Hey guys, after some refactoring (had to rewrite my UI code for like 95% :P ) I'm ready to show you some screens that I have for the moment.

I think that the UI and database update will be a nice improvement and a good direction into a working server. Feel free to give comments on the screens already.

The show and users pages are not yet refactored, that's why there are no screenshots of them. They are next on my todo list.

Hope you guys like it already! Sorry for taking so much time to get it in some working state.

@@WilhelmStroker

If you find any typo's feel free to correct them on crowdin => https://crowdin.com/project/embystat

But it's a good idea to wait until I release a new beta version because I have moved some strings around in the files.

post-33776-0-42868200-1558547745_thumb.png

post-33776-0-62123100-1558547766_thumb.png

post-33776-0-49321700-1558547802_thumb.png

post-33776-0-52444700-1558547819_thumb.png

post-33776-0-75162500-1558547829_thumb.png

post-33776-0-02885000-1558547839_thumb.png

post-33776-0-98150500-1558547851_thumb.png

post-33776-0-83508100-1558547858_thumb.png

• Like 4

Spaceboy

Hey guys, after some refactoring (had to rewrite my UI code for like 95% :P ) I'm ready to show you some screens that I have for the moment.

I think that the UI and database update will be a nice improvement and a good direction into a working server. Feel free to give comments on the screens already.

The show and users pages are not yet refactored, that's why there are no screenshots of them. They are next on my todo list.

Hope you guys like it already! Sorry for taking so much time to get it in some working state.

@@WilhelmStroker

If you find any typo's feel free to correct them on crowdin => https://crowdin.com/project/embystat

But it's a good idea to wait until I release a new beta version because I have moved some strings around in the files.

great work Reggi!!