Developing a standalone embystat server

reggi

reggi

No, not at the moment. I never worked with docker-composer before so will have to run some test tomorrow! I'll create a bug on github to keep track as well.

@@mgworek,fingers crosse indeed!

WilhelmStroker

Apart from me not noticing that the wizard had https as default when it discovered my server, the setup went well. The performance is much improved and it no longer hammers my server when syncing. Good stuff.

IkeTaylor11

the windows version of the new beta doesnt seem to work at all. 

Dashboard says: No content here yet (string is not translated either

Movies and shows says: Loading Unhandled backend exception

Ctrl+C doesnt shut the server down

reggi

@@IkeTaylor11, can you include the log file so I can have a look what is not working on your machine?

Are you running the Docker for windows version, running the exe itself or in NSSM?

The Dashboard message is correct anyway, there is no dashboard content yet.

Edited by reggi

IkeTaylor11

@@IkeTaylor11, can you include the log file so I can have a look what is not working on your machine?

Are you running the Docker for windows version, running the exe itself or in NSSM?

The Dashboard message is correct anyway, there is no dashboard content yet.

I have attached the log. Scrubbed IP and user out of it though.

2019-07-20.log

reggi

Thanks for the log!

You are running against the same bug as @@neik. I'm creating a bug fix for it at the moment. Needs some more testing today but the fix is looking good.

reggi

@@IkeTaylor11 and @@neik, I just pushed a new beta version. Can you check if you can access the movie and show pages?

@@Pog22, I will look into docer-compose tomorrow. In the mean time feel free to try the app with a docker run 

Happy2Play

Minor issue in the wizard server discovery.  Took me a minute to figure out why it wouldn't connect with correct credentials.

Sending POST: http://http://192.168.151.16:8096

5d33cadb1a7d3_wiz.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
v0.2.0-beta.2

Happy2Play

@@reggi

All item linked urls need updating, they create a page loop now in beta 4.2.x.x and very soon to be stable 4.2 release (in the coming days).

Looks like all "/itemdetails.html?id=x" has changed to "/item/item.html?id=x".

Looks like it was reported in this topic also for another add-on.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75521-emby-server-42032-item-details/

**Looks like a easy temporary fix.  Changed it in "\EmbyStat-win10-x64\ClientApp\dist\main.70dcda26c6699af09d2a.js".

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Clicking Logs in the UI throws "unhandled backend exception"

2019-07-21 01:53:14.0480 [ERROR] An unhandled error occurred. AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Error mapping types.

Mapping types:
List`1 -> IList`1
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[EmbyStat.Services.Models.Logs.LogFile, EmbyStat.Services, Version=0.2.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] -> System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[[EmbyStat.Controllers.Log.LogFileViewModel, EmbyStat.Controllers, Version=0.2.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] ---> AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Missing type map configuration or unsupported mapping.

Mapping types:
LogFile -> LogFileViewModel
EmbyStat.Services.Models.Logs.LogFile -> EmbyStat.Controllers.Log.LogFileViewModel
   at lambda_method(Closure , LogFile , LogFileViewModel , ResolutionContext )
   at AutoMapper.Mapper.AutoMapper.IRuntimeMapper.Map[TSource,TDestination](TSource source, TDestination destination, ResolutionContext context, IMemberMap memberMap)
   at lambda_method(Closure , List`1 , IList`1 , ResolutionContext )
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at lambda_method(Closure , List`1 , IList`1 , ResolutionContext )
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object , ResolutionContext )
   at AutoMapper.Mapper.AutoMapper.IMapper.Map[TDestination](Object source)
   at EmbyStat.Controllers.Log.LogController.GetLogFileList() in d:\a\1\s\EmbyStat.Controllers\Log\LogController.cs:line 26
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ActionMethodExecutor.SyncActionResultExecutor.Execute(IActionResultTypeMapper mapper, ObjectMethodExecutor executor, Object controller, Object[] arguments)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeNextActionFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Rethrow(ActionExecutedContext context)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.Next(State& next, Scope& scope, Object& state, Boolean& isCompleted)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeInnerFilterAsync()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Internal.ResourceInvoker.InvokeNextExceptionFilterAsync()

reggi

@@Happy2Play, thanks for the reports! 

I fixed the log page error, so will be pushed in the next beta tomorrow. (Going to make some short beta releases now to get it up and running after the long migration)

As for the page links, I will also create a fix for them (will be a quick fix).

• Like 1

darkassassin07

I think there may be an issue with totaling up the runtime of all tv episodes.

Looking the the shows page, emby stat is displaying my server to have 18673 episodes across 148 shows, but a total watchable time of 3d 13h 7m (an average of 16.4 sec per epp). Somehow, that seems a tad off :P

Is this showing up accurately for others?

Edited by darkassassin07
  • Like 1

reggi

Just pushed a new version 0.2.0-beta.4 with a fix for the log file page, double http on discovery fix.

If you don't get this update with the in-app updater you will have to update this one manually! I messed up something with the zip file naming on previous releases. Sorry for that

@@darkassassin07, that is some strange result indeed. Or you just have a lot of small episodes! I will have a look how this is even possible! 

darkassassin07

@@darkassassin07, that is some strange result indeed. Or you just have a lot of small episodes! I will have a look how this is even possible!

It's definitely an issue with how its totaling, I just added a little over 400 22min episodes, but that only added 1h 10m to the total.

The shortest episodes I have are in the 10min range. I did have a bit of corruption quite a while back (carelessness with optane :/) and am still finding things that have become unplayable because of it; but at least 95% of it is definitely playable, and all of it shows up in emby with the correct timestamps.

Edited by darkassassin07

adrianwi

Seems to be some really great progress on this version.  Installed, connected and sync'ed without any errors, and most importantly hasn't started eating my Docker VM free space!  It's been running 24x7 for a few days and no change in space used.

It does seem to have lots of blanks sections, so not sure if its picking everything up correctly, but will see how things play out over the next few betas.  Didn't update from the button, and recreating the docker container with the latest image didn't appear to work in Portainer, but I'll look into that.

Recreated by pulling the latest docker image and rebuilding database wasn't a problem as it seems a lot quicker than it was before.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yes the new version is much improved for me too. Installed no problem. For me the most important thing is the sync is down to minutes, it was taking over a day on the prior version. Running in Docker in a synology nas. Report generation seems slower on the other hand, ie when I click the movies tab and get the dashboard. Also the overview, first, tab has never worked for me. Is that just me?

• Like 1

reggi

@@adrianwi, @@Spaceboy, thanks for the kind words. Nice to hear you like the updates! There was indeed no update possible between the old and the new beta. So good thing you recreated the docker image.

As for the first tab, you mean the Dashboard page? Yeah that one is still empty. Didn't had time yet to put some stuff on there. Would like to create a widget system but maybe I'll create a fixed dashboard first.

I'll check if the calculations run slower, but reloading the page should be fast because the statistics are cached in database. I can see if I can calculate the default statistics after a media sync. 

Spaceboy

@@adrianwi, @@Spaceboy, thanks for the kind words. Nice to hear you like the updates! There was indeed no update possible between the old and the new beta. So good thing you recreated the docker image.

As for the first tab, you mean the Dashboard page? Yeah that one is still empty. Didn't had time yet to put some stuff on there. Would like to create a widget system but maybe I'll create a fixed dashboard first.

I'll check if the calculations run slower, but reloading the page should be fast because the statistics are cached in database. I can see if I can calculate the default statistics after a media sync. 

hi reggi, looked a bit harder and i can see whats slowing up the loading of the movie tab. i have loads of movies that emby stat thinks are too short, duplicates etc and i imagine producing this data each time is whats slowing up the rendering of the movie front page. perhaps we can look at how embystat handles these because the duplicates aren't, they are generally 3d and non 3d versions of the same movie but not in the same folder as otherwise radarr doesnt play nice with them. the short ones are indeed short, but they arent movies. i have a load of sports clips in a mixed content library that emby thinks are movies

reggi

If you want to change the "too short movie" length you can do that in the settings page. Also there you can change what types of root collections EmbyStat needs to process as Movies. Maybe that will fix the problem for the long table.

As for the loading time, it is weird that it takes that long every time because I save the calculated statistics when you calculate them for the first time. So when you reload the page it just has to fetch the previous results.

I created a ticket for these issues on GitHub to keep track and create a fix for it => https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/issues/815

Thanks for testing!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

If you want to change the "too short movie" length you can do that in the settings page. Also there you can change what types of root collections EmbyStat needs to process as Movies. Maybe that will fix the problem for the long table.

As for the loading time, it is weird that it takes that long every time because I save the calculated statistics when you calculate them for the first time. So when you reload the page it just has to fetch the previous results.

I created a ticket for these issues on GitHub to keep track and create a fix for it => https://github.com/mregni/EmbyStat/issues/815

Thanks for testing!

ok not sure if you have changed anything but now its only taking a while to create the stats first time around. subsequent requests are almost immediate. lets me look at whats causing the data to be generated in the first place and come back to you with suggestions

reggi

@@Spaceboy, I'm still working on the issue so nothing changed yet :) This should be normal behavior indeed. First time it takes a while, as long as you don't re-run the sync job the statistics will be valid and not recalculated. Maybe you did a sync between viewing the stats manually?

At the moment I'm almost finished with implementing a fix for that "first time" page load. I'm calculating the statistics after the sync job. That way everything will be ready for viewing when you open EmbyStat.

Spaceboy

in terms of excluding items from the statistics, i can see it is done by library type. I would actually prefer to do it by library name. reason being i have a few mixed content libraries, some that i want including but the majority that i do not want including

would that be possible?

• Like 1

Spaceboy

in terms of the long list of duplicates i have, well the data reported is correct. the duplicates are the 3D version of the movie which i need to keep in a separate library from the 2D movie for a valid reason. So again i'd like to exclude the library by the library name rather than library type

• Like 1