v 3.3.0 update and library issue ?

mpm131

Update on my issue....

As I mentioned above renaming my files to a more Emby friendly version fixed my problem, but what I failed to mention is that I also renamed those 2 WSBK subdirectories as well, I renamed 2018 to 18 and 2017 to 17. I thought I would do some more testing and instead of renaming the contents of the other directories I renamed the rest of the WSBK subdirectories to follow the changes in the structure which I just mentioned. I just did another Metadata update on the WSBK directory and now all my files are back. So it looks like the new server version doesn't allow for seasons which total in the 1000's if you know what I mean, where as the old version didn't have a problem with that

hd4fun

Hi Luke - just a thought

Both ice and d00zah mentioned things that I do often as well.

Many - not all my hard drives go to sleep when they are not used to save power.

They are all on the same system as emby server - so direct attached or usb

the server stays up all the time

However - Because I can not edit the library folders - I delete them & then add them again

After I rename and or move directories around between disks to optimize available space

I haven't deleted any folders or moved directories on the 3.3.03 beta

Since I've had the beta installed it has scanned every night and everything has stayed in place - for 3 nights

My emby for WMC (windows 7)  Library's are not displaying correctly, (I get no items available, on some and only partials movies or shows info  on others).. since the 3.3 update, and scan media library gets stuck at 69.8%.

d00zah

My emby for WMC (windows 7)  Library's are not displaying correctly, (I get no items available, on some and only partials movies or shows info  on others).. since the 3.3 update, and scan media library gets stuck at 69.8%.

Typical for an initial scan. Be patient, let it complete & everything should be restored.

& you should probably post a server log for Luke to review.

Edited by d00zah

Daithi

Can you grab the beta server and see if this continues to happen? thanks.

Been on beta since 28th, so far so good. Thanks.

gwbaker

Thank you Luke for the help in the other treads!!!  I have installed 3.3.0.5 beta.  Not that I am much help, but figured I would report what I found.  My libraries appear normal and my podcast is working, sorta.  As another reported, my podcasts are back but they are not sorted by the different channels.  All of the current episodes are in one big list.

Happy to wait for the cure, especially after loosing my mind thinking I had done something!

gwbaker

Seems to be all good now!  YAY, thanks for the hard work.

It took several hours for all the podcasts to show and sort, but once they did, we are back to normal.  My issues are fixed, hope the same for all others.

Peter Nent

Just upgraded to EMBY v3.3.1.0 this morning, but seems that ALL Live-TV simply 'disappeared': I'm using the VU+ Live-TV solution which worked well until yesterday, but now: the plug-in is still installed, but at the Live-TV menu, everything disappeared.... HELP.

jasonwilliams

Hello,

Same here - the only part of Live TV that is showing is Recordings.  None of the Guide, Channels are there in 3.3.1.0.

Peter Nent

Just upgraded to EMBY v3.3.1.0 this morning, but seems that ALL Live-TV simply 'disappeared': I'm using the VU+ Live-TV solution which worked well until yesterday, but now: the plug-in is still installed, but at the Live-TV menu, everything disappeared.... HELP.

After a lot of patience/waiting, resetting server, resetting the VU+UNO-4K box, etc., finally the Live-TV came back again and works normally....I'm lucky !?

Greatz, Peter

jasonwilliams

Update:  After some digging, I discovered that I accidentally deleted my M3U file when I upgraded to 3.3.1.0.  Doh! 

I'm sure Live TV will work when I recreate it.  Sorry for the false report.