v 3.3.0 update and library issue ?

mpm131

I don't think 33.02 is slower or faster than 3.3.0

The problem is my library is so large it will take another day..

and hopefully it won't wipe it again

Elenthil

i know, the scan time will be the same, what i would say is, with 3.3.0.0 it seams that not everything get scanned.

3.3.0.2 is finished with scanning and it looks good. Everything is there.

Update: I noticed that some of my media that was in another directory structure on the same drive array was not getting deleted from the Library.DB.  I moved my affected media to an new directory structure on the same drive.  I have also updated to the newest Beta release.  I will let you know if things seem fixed.  It can take a few days to determine it worked.

Thanks.

needanewjob

Ummmm....back when it was still Mediabrowser.   :unsure:

Am I looking at a total loss here or any chance for salvaging?

edit:

Looks like I had the day off after Thanksgiving in 2014...

cat /var/log/apt/history.log | grep -B 1 mediabrowser

Start-Date: 2014-11-28  14:10:29
Commandline: apt-get install mediabrowser

Any luck on this, Luke?  I don't want to purge and reinstall if there's a way to recover, but I'm also afraid of how long a full library scan will take me.

Edited by needanewjob

Thanks Luke

I believe that my first run is finished correctly

I ran a second scan - it finished correctly

Stopped emby and started it - all was good so far

so when can we edit library folders  & delete the correct one, instead of the last one

Any luck on this, Luke?  I don't want to purge and reinstall if there's a way to recover, but I'm also afraid of how long a full library scan will take me.

What you could try to do is move the program data folder to the new location based on what the new package is expecting. Then run a library scan on server startup.

moviefan

Is there an expected database rebuild after updating to 3.3?

My scan media task is taking many hours longer than normal today and the whole interface is missing all of the pictures.

Looks just like what happens when I rebuild the server or delete the database and start from scratch.

moviefan

Any idea why the scan is taking forever then and many of the items are missing details or completely missing?

Log attached. Edit; Deleted.

This is after rebooting the server after it was scanning for just under 4 hours.

Edit:  Just noticed  doozah's reply.  Reverting to previous version and will for next GA release.

Edited by moviefan

d00zah

Any idea why the scan is taking forever then and many of the items are missing details or completely missing?

Log attached.

This is after rebooting the server after it was scanning for just under 4 hours.

Edit:  Just noticed  doozah's reply.

In my case, it completely deleted all metadata... it was plain in the server log. IF you extract chapter images & all the other good stuff when adding new media, that scan takes a very long time.

I don't see any deleting in the log you provided... check last night's log, as mine happened overnight.

Edited by d00zah

moviefan

In my case, it completely deleted all metadata... it was plain in the server log. IF you extract chapter images & all the other good stuff when adding new media, that scan takes a very long time.

I don't see any deleting in the log you provided... check last night's log, as mine happened overnight.

That's unfortunate.  My server takes like 36 hours to rebuild.  And that's after all the chapter images have been extracted.

moviefan

I really hope this doesn't convert 10% of my titles back to foreign language versions again like it's done in the past.

Edited by moviefan

I've lost all media too. Happened yesterday and a scan got them all back but they've just disappeared again. Scanning again for now, log attached (purge happened sometime after 5PM) attachicon.gifserver-63655378912.txt

Can you grab the beta server and see if this continues to happen? thanks.

• Like 1

@@Luke Pull 3.3.0!

if I'm right, this will only occur in limited scenarios. That's why I'm asking those who can reproduce to try the beta. Thanks.

moviefan

Need to find someone with a smaller library this is happening to test with.

I am not sure how many days it will take me to get back to normal.  No desire to test out something which may or may not put me back at square one when I know the previous version didn't have this problem.

d00zah

if I'm right, this will only occur in limited scenarios. That's why I'm asking those who can reproduce to try the beta. Thanks.

It's been a couple of days since this happened to me & it hasn't recurred, so I'm betting on this being a 'one-off'. If it does, I'll try the beta & report back.

Edited by d00zah

moviefan

It's been a couple of days since this happened to me & it hasn'r recurred, so I'm betting on this being a 'one-off'. If it does, I'll try the beta & report back.

So you are running 3.3.0 and this only happened the one time?

So you are running 3.3.0 and this only happened the one time?

Despite him saying that I think it could happen again under certain circumstances. If I can get confirmation that it no longer happens with the beta, then I'll put out a fix. Thanks.

@@d00zah, in the interests of speeding up this discussion, try using your Kodi addon to browse channel plugin content, and then see if this causes deletions again. Thanks.

d00zah

@@d00zah, in the interests of speeding up this discussion, try using your Kodi addon to browse channel plugin content, and then see if this causes deletions again. Thanks.

I have never been a Kodi user.  The only Channel plug-in I have installed is Trailers & I have browsed it several times since. metadata purge, which happened while system was idle, shortly after I went to bed for the evening. No repeat.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56434-v-330-update-and-library-issue/&do=findComment&comment=548714

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56434-v-330-update-and-library-issue/&do=findComment&comment=549013

Edited by d00zah

I have never been a Kodi user.  The only Channel plug-in I have installed is Trailers & I have browsed it several times since. metadata purge, which happened while system was idle, shortly after I went to bed for the evening. No repeat.

Ok your log had something in it with a blank user agent so i just assumed it was kodi. So whatever that was, if you use it again then it might cause the problem again.