Recommended/Optimal Web browser

speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

What Web Browser is Emby best optimal and recommended to be used with to stream media, live tv and local files?

I personally use Opera as my primary browser.

But i feel Emby seems to be a bit quicker, smoother and video looks a tad sharper when using MS Edge browser.

I have found that Opera, Edge, and also the Win 10 Store App will only Transcode Live TV though.

I tried the new FireFox Q.....and its horrible. Freezes like crazy.

Is there any real quality difference in using the Win 10 app vs any particular web browser?

Edited by speedingcheetah

To be honest, all of those are modern browsers and are great options. Feature-wise, Chrome will generally be the most advanced but often it's not in ways you'll even notice.

speedingcheetah

To be honest, all of those are modern browsers and are great options. Feature-wise, Chrome will generally be the most advanced but often it's not in ways you'll even notice.

Ah. So what if i wanted to use Netscape Navigator then? 

:P

speedingcheetah

Well that's obsolete by now.

I do have a person who wants to access my server....however he uses XP and IE 8. (he refuses to leave XP).

All he gets is a black screen when u load up the webpage.

Another uses Win 7 and she can get in to server fine in IE 11, but an error box pops up saying Playback of content is not supported in Internet Explorer.

Lol....well...thats what u get for using vintage computers and obsolete software. Stuff dont work.

Edited by speedingcheetah

On XP there might not be any options because i think most browsers now probably require windows 7, though i could be wrong.

The Windows 7 user could install Chrome though.

ryandavidg

For someone refusing to leave XP it might be worth trying that recent fork of Pale Moon for Win XP, New Moon. Not sure if it'll work properly with Emby, but the last time I checked (a few months ago) they had apparently at least got HTML5 video working and were working on supporting various codecs.