Random stuttering and oversaturation

Allenwalters

Guest asrequested

When I went through the K-lite set up it had HDR10 box checked. Will it still go to SDR?

I would have to see all of the settings.

Allenwalters

That can't be right. When there is fire on screen it's solid red. You can't even see the flames. It does this on 1080p movies too.

Allenwalters

I set the MPC-HC as external player. The K-lite let me set MadVR as renderer. It solved the oversaturation issue but I can't figure out how to enable hardware accerleration yet. It plays choppy and not at all in full screen.

Allenwalters

I take that back, it's stil a little oversaturated. I think I'm going to contact bestbuy and see whats up. I think it's this TV.

Guest asrequested

It sounds like you need to calibrate your tv. The HDR metadata won't override that. Your tv color settings are absolute. You also have to make sure you enable the setting to allow 10bit color.

I take that back, it's stil a little oversaturated. I think I'm going to contact bestbuy and see whats up. I think it's this TV.

thanks for the feedback !

Allenwalters

I installed Embycon on my Kodi app and it plays with no oversaturation. The only problem now is it keeps crashing Kodi every time I try to use Emby. I can't even get anywhere in settings before it crashes. I'm pretty sure now that it's not my TV. What I could get to play looked perfect.

Allenwalters

I installed it added it as external player and when I hit the play button it opens up in the background but doesn't play the movie.

You have to configure the command line arguments for the external player. Did you do that? Emby Theater doesn't know anything about PowerDvd so you have to check PowerDvd documentation to find what command line params are needed.

Guest asrequested

Path is all I use, and it works. Try playing your movie directly in the app, first. When playing HDR you should get a notification.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Did it play, correctly?

And someone else just had that issue. I believe it was a permissions issue. I'll see if I can find the thread.