Random stuttering and oversaturation

Allenwalters

You should really think about making a version that allows the keyboard controls. Some videos look just fine and don't relly need adjusting, some are way off. It would be nice to adjust it on the fly.

What do you want to adjust on the fly?

Allenwalters

could I just replace the external mpv config file with the one in emby and have keyboard control? Use it as an external player.

Guest asrequested

could I just replace the external mpv config file with the one in emby and have keyboard control? Use it as an external player.

The other thing you could do is use mpv as an external player. That would give you the options you want.

Allenwalters

That's what I'm talking about. Making a copy of the config file in Emby and putting it in the external MPV player. Will that work.

Guest asrequested

As an external player, theater has no involvement. You'd need an mpv.conf for some things, and use keyboard control, for others. I can help you configure that. You'll need audio pass through and HWA, but it's easy to do. I'm at work, right now, but tonight I can walk you through it, tonight.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

You want the server to transcode it?

I can just make a zip file with everything you need to use for an external player.

Guest asrequested

Here you go. I've made it portable, so it won't interfere with other mpv configs. I've added a few exrta things in the conf. Like forced subs only when using PGS subs that have forced text, audio exclusivity and one or two others. If you don't want them, you can just delete the command. Unzip anywhere and use as your external player. 

Allenwalters

It works exactly like the built in player. I downloaded the K-lite standard using the built in mpc-hcx64 player and played some of the files directly with it and they look perfect. No oversaturation at all and way less banding. I think it's the player that's the problem.