Emby crashing with gray screen Amazon FireTV Stick

leekingsnatch

backed out of the stream, and then sent the log from the app's setting section. 

So, the app was responsive?  You were able to just back out of playback?

TolkienBard

We needed to use the "Home" button to back out of the app and take us to the main menu. The back button did not respond.

We needed to use the "Home" button to back out of the app and take us to the main menu. The back button did not respond.

And, after hitting home, exactly what did you do?

TolkienBard

Sorry about the delayed response. It's the beginning of a new term and things are a bit hectic around here.

After hitting home, we navigated to sending the Emby app logs and executed that. Then we poured shots, climbed in an Uber and went to dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
leekingsnatch

When the problem happens, is it always on a specific time like right at the top or bottom of the hour?

Sorry for the delay, it's been some time but the problem continues. However, I did see a pattern emerge. I switched from m3u TV streams and went with a HD Homerun tuner. The pattern that I've seen emerge watching TV this way, is at exactly 1 minute past the hour, the video starts to stutter, then the screen goes gray and I have to hit Home, force stop the emby app and then get back into Emby. What happens at 1 minute past the hour? I am using Schedules direct, could that somehow interfere? 

Thanks

Edited by leekingsnatch

Sorry for the delay, it's been some time but the problem continues. However, I did see a pattern emerge. I switched from m3u TV streams and went with a HD Homerun tuner. The pattern that I've seen emerge watching TV this way, is at exactly 1 minute past the hour, the video starts to stutter, then the screen goes gray and I have to hit Home, force stop the emby app and then get back into Emby. What happens at 1 minute past the hour? I am using Schedules direct, could that somehow interfere? 

Thanks

Okay, thanks that gives me someplace to look.  At that time, it was also starting a new program, correct?

leekingsnatch

Okay, thanks that gives me someplace to look.  At that time, it was also starting a new program, correct?

correct

Okay, exactly how are you initially starting playback of the channel and do you have proper guide data for it?

leekingsnatch

Okay, exactly how are you initially starting playback of the channel and do you have proper guide data for it?

It depends. Sometimes I start straight from the guide, other times I go to Channel and select the channel. I would say most of the time I start from the Channels. The channel guide data seems to be correct.

Okay, I've made a change in the next beta that may address it.  If you can test it when available that would be great.

leekingsnatch

Okay, I've made a change in the next beta that may address it.  If you can test it when available that would be great.

So if I downwload the "Test" version of emby for fireTV it will have the change you mentioned?

So if I downwload the "Test" version of emby for fireTV it will have the change you mentioned?

Yes, if you are already in the beta program and once I release a new version later today.

leekingsnatch

Yes, if you are already in the beta program and once I release a new version later today.

I am. Would you post something to let me know when the new version is released?

Thanks

leekingsnatch

If this fix was included in the January 30 release of "Test" Emby, the problem persists. At 7:01 this morning, live tv crashed to a gray screen.

If this fix was included in the January 30 release of "Test" Emby, the problem persists. At 7:01 this morning, live tv crashed to a gray screen.

Can you please confirm the version from the settings screen?

Attached server log. The TV stream stopped again at 7:01 a.m. EST.

Try shutting down the omni software and keeping it off. it is hammering your emby server with large amounts of requests over a short period of time.

leekingsnatch

Try shutting down the omni software and keeping it off. it is hammering your emby server with large amounts of requests over a short period of time.

Are you referring to Ombi? I can, but every hour a minute past the hour the streaming stops like clockwork and you are telling me it's Ombi doing this when every other streaming works fine except Live TV?

Besides, I just enabled Ombi 2 days ago, and this has has been going on for weeks. I can't fathom that being the problem. 

leekingsnatch

Are you referring to Ombi? I can, but every hour a minute past the hour the streaming stops like clockwork and you are telling me it's Ombi doing this when every other streaming works fine except Live TV?

Besides, I just enabled Ombi 2 days ago, and this has has been going on for weeks. I can't fathom that being the problem. 

What you are probably seeing is the User Import function. I set the import to happen only once a day so it should stop hammering it.

Okay, this may be happening somewhere other than I was thinking it was.

The next time you are playing something from Live TV, if you don't mind, try backing out of it at about the top of the hour + 30 seconds to try and catch it just before the crash.  Then send the log.

Thanks.

leekingsnatch

Okay, this may be happening somewhere other than I was thinking it was.

The next time you are playing something from Live TV, if you don't mind, try backing out of it at about the top of the hour + 30 seconds to try and catch it just before the crash.  Then send the log.

Thanks.

The app log, the server log or both?

leekingsnatch

The log from the app.  Thanks.

I cannot get the app to stop right before it crashes. I narrowed it down to about 1 minute and 15 seconds after being the time it crashes. However, waiting until 1 after, the app becomes unresponsive, can't click Back. The best I can do is to wait for it to crash, stop the app and send you the log which you should had gotten at about 9:03 a.m. EST. Let me know if you got it. 

Thanks