movies not found

style2k

ok i just installed emby on a synology nas.
when i use emby with the emby app on a tablet i can play movies send em to chromecast etc.
but in kodi with the emby app when i play an episode it says file missing. also when i install the kodi addon it does not import a lot of pisodes / series.. while all content is in emby server also on emby app on tablet ,, only in kodi i mis alot of stuf and when it is it says file missing etc ,, also it imports some series half like season 2 and 4 but rest is not in the list ?????

how to fix this ?

Edited by style2k

Angelblue05

Update to 2.3.61. Kodi can't find your files. Check your library path vs what it should be in kodi. You can compare paths using install from zip menu and accessing your directories via smb (or nfs if that's what you use). Otherwise, set playback mode to addon in the addon settings then reset your local database. This will allow you to play your files without Kodi having direct access to your files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this doesnt do what i want .. i already updated the addon. and i cant use addon mode because when i download subtitles they cant be saved with the file by kodi.
it worked before and when in total commanderon ,on my pc i acces the synology server i can see all paths en whats in it no problem.

so i have acces. to the folder
in the emby server i have /volume1/series as a folder . on my pc it is s:

also besides i cant play files emby addon doesnt import all data like i said also missing complete seasons and episodes.

Angelblue05

You'll need to provide your Kodi log: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Ok that's fine. But Kodi is complaining it cannot find your file. That means the path is either wrong or Kodi doesn't have access to the path.

When you navigate to the folder /volume1/series in Kodi (using the install from zip in the add-ons menu > smb), what is the path displayed at the top?

For the missing seasons and episodes. Try running a manual sync. If that fails to add your missing content, go to the metadata manager in the webclient, select one show that's missing content in Kodi and hit save on the seasons missing. This will force trigger an update for that content in Kodi. If it doesn't fix it then provide your Kodi log from this so I can see what's going on. Thank you.

Edited by Angelblue05

i think i have an idea where the problem lies.
in kodi i can simply acces the network no problem , only with smb i get a problem . with smb i find no shares . since i disabled smb1 on all devices ,, for security reasons.
so it has something to do with smb1 turned of i think but how do i fix it without turning on smb again?

Edited by style2k

Angelblue05

in kodi i can simply acces the network no problem

How are you doing that? What is the path? Change your emby network paths to match the path you see in Kodi. In the emby dashboard > library > select the folder > click the paths under folders you'll see an entry for the network path.

To avoid using smb, you need your paths to start with the protocol (lke smb, nfs) you want to use. You'll need to do a database repair to force update all the paths in the Kodi database (launch Emby for kodi > repair database)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Sorry there's nothing in the log. This is all visual stuff you need to tell me what you see or take screenshots.

Anyway, since smb is causing you issues in general, what I suggest for you to do is still to change temporarily to add-on playback and reset your database. Once the sync is complete, in the add-on settings > playback > disable play from HTTP to test direct play.

The reason I suggest this is, you can still direct play with add-on mode. Meaning, you can try changing your paths in Emby until you find something that works in Kodi. Changing paths take instant effect when using add-on playback. This will make this testing process easier for you. Otherwise, if you are using Native mode, you'll need to repair your database everytime you want to modify the path in the Emby dashboard.

Once you are able to direct play in add-on mode, you can then switch back to native playback/reset and it should still work.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Play from HTTP only has an effect with add-on playback mode.

The path you have set up is going to use smb. In Kodi you said you can access your series folder (you said in Kodi you can access the network), what is the path displayed in Kodi when you navigate to your series folder?

Edited by Angelblue05

only s:\ that is what i have to fill in in ?

ok filled that in and that seems to work only no sound now pfffff

Edited by style2k
  • Like 1

yes thats the same . now it is totaly crap, i play an episode no sound , play it second time and whole series says file no longer available

trying restart now

Edited by style2k

Angelblue05

Are you currently using native playback or add-on playback? And if you switched, did you reset your database like I said?

Angelblue05

Are you using native playback? I understand you reset your database with your latest post.

Can you do the following test then provide your Kodi log: In the Emby webclient, select an episode via the 3 dots menu > edit info > save. Wait a minute, grab and post the Kodi log, thank you.

Angelblue05

Ok your network path is not exactly correct. See the double \. Remove the slash from the network path in Emby. That should do it.

It's weird that it passes the Kodi verification if the file exists.

01:19:04.687 T:12280  NOTICE: EMBY.playutils -> Verifying path: v:\\Game of Thrones Conquest and Rebellion (2017)\149485671d594a94b1133d9bb9e815a1.mkv
01:19:04.695 T:12280  NOTICE: EMBY.playutils -> Path exists.
01:19:04.703 T:12280  NOTICE: EMBY.playutils -> File is direct playing.
01:19:04.855 T:12280  NOTICE: EMBY.playbackutils -> Play as a regular item.
01:19:04.884 T:1552  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: v:\\Game of Thrones Conquest and Rebellion (2017)\149485671d594a94b1133d9bb9e815a1.mkv
Edited by Angelblue05

ok but why does it say file playing and path exists ?
earlier today i tried that v: without the slash and that didnt work ,,
i try again tomorrow tnx ..

Angelblue05

I don't know. It's a verification using the Kodi api. Kodi is saying the file exists, their video player says it doesn't. Ok no problem, when you try again provide a new log if it still doesn't work. Thank you.

You can enable play from HTTP in the add-on settings to get playback working for now. I know you can't download your subtitles, but at least it's something until we figure this out. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'm sorry you are having a hard time setting up your paths correctly. Understand this is a free, open source project.

I am looking at your log and I think we had the path right the first time with s:\ as you said. Now I'm not sure why it's not working continually but since you are using native playback mode, the paths are already set incorrectly in the database. So I'd say first, set all your network paths to have that backward slash in the Emby dashboard > library. Then reset your local database in Kodi.

Edit: If you are willing to give me a little time, I am checking to make sure the path is properly setup for local drives.

Edit2: It is working fine on my side.

Can you confirm your path looks ok after changing it to s:\ if you go to the Emby metadata manager (in the web client > home > metadata manager) > Select an episode you know is not working, check the path. If it looks correct, then go ahead and reset your local database to make sure your paths are properly set in Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

ok wil do that this evening not at home right now ,,
ihave repaired the database earlier with the s: settings and that seemed to work for new episodes i watched them and that went ok,
did same for movies though and that didnt work . so i try this settings tonite and reset the database again. see if that works ,

no use. as soon i reset db kodi restarts like it should , i start kodi emby says getting info from movie after that when first quick scan is don first thing i see is cant locate file v:smb://**** you may need to verify network credentials but i put them there a couple of times already

Edited by style2k