movies not found

style2k

Angelblue05

There's a double slash somewhere when there shouldn't be. Can you please confirm what the path looks like in Emby, via the metadata manager in the webclient. Select an episode. If I had to guess, the path must look like v:\\path\to\file. That would be incorrect. We want, v:\path\to\file

@@Luke

It's not an issue with Kodi, but how would this user properly set his paths when the original is /volume1/series and the network path set is s:\. We always end up with a double slash and I can't figure out why.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Ok. I'm not sure why it's doing that. Hopefully Luke will be able to help.

@@style2k

And when the network path was v: instead of v:\ what did the path looks like in the metadata manager? Did it still had the double slash? The more info we can gather, the faster it will be for Luke to help us with this.

s:\\Knightfall\Season 1\Knightfall episodes are like this

without the \ its s:\Knightfall\Season

Edited by style2k
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok that should be correct s:\Knightfall\Season. Set the network paths as s:, v: etc. Validate their paths looks fine in the metadata manager (no double slash). Then do the reset in Kodi. I hope this is it.

Edited by Angelblue05

nope after first quick gathering movies it says kodi cant locate file v:\moviename might need verify network redentials etc

Edited by style2k
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Well does it require a username/pass? In Kodi, if you navigate to within those drives, does it prompt you for identification?

Is the path correct if you compared to when you access v:\moviename from Kodi? It should be able to locate it if you can navigate to it. Anyway, that's why I suggested you switch to add-on playback. If it direct plays with add-on playback (with play to HTTP disabled), then it will follow suit with native playback. The kicker is you get to instantly see if it works or not.

I don't know your setup, only you know it. Compare to what Kodi expects and you'll find why it's not working.

Edited by Angelblue05

no when i go to drive i dont need pasword,verry strange .
i had emby server on the same pc as kodi and it worked. but i want be able to reach it also when pc is off , so now i have a new nas i had it installed there ,
so problems are since new nas , i also gave every rights etc when in Windows explorer i can reach maps and play no roblem and i gues kodi takes that over.
anywya i try tomorrow again maybe look some deeper in the smb3 stoy if i can find something .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not sure but i think the problem was due to shared network drives not reconecting properly.
i redid the network shares and i also did add them as sources in kodi.
now it seems ok so far

Angelblue05

Ok, but I advise against adding them as sources. It is not necessary, in fact it may cause Kodi to overwrite Emby modifications.

I use native paths over network and it works fine here (without any sources, because it's controlled by the add-on only). Anyway, thanks for your reply :)

Edited by Angelblue05