Donating to Emby

arche

I am sure some will disagree with me and some might agree, but after my yearly plan is up I will be signing up for a lifetime membership. But I do think that there should really still be a separate button for donating extra if the person would like, unless I am missing it somewhere.

I agree you pay for a lifetime membership for certain things, but the amount of work that goes into Emby and some people expect the world for $120 is not helping in my opinion. I would like to donate when I have the extra cash to help the project. Obviously with a disclaimer that says this is only a donation and not a premium plan, probably in big letters for some that don't read the fine print all the time (including myself).

With the cost of maintenance and the small team, really got to think outside of the box and think of everything that goes into maintaining Emby. I'm sure there will be some that will say "not my problem", good for you in my opinion. But my choice would be to donate when I have the extra cash to help out.

Also, maybe change the forum tab for "Donate" to something more along the lines of Purchase.

Just my 2.

Also, maybe change the forum tab for "Donate" to something more along the lines of Purchase.

Wow, I didn't even notice that still said that.  Thanks.

And thanks for your support.  At this time, we cannot have a straight "donation" option because the payment processors we use will look at that as a potentially mis-leading practice.  So, the best way to contribute again is to simply re-purchase any one of the available options for Premiere.  If you already have a Lifetime or Year then purchasing a Month will not affect your current expiration and you can immediately cancel the recurring payment if you wish.

Thanks again!

Ah, makes sense. Just a thought, maybe a second payment processor for the donations only. But I get it. Thanks for the response.

Would it be possible to set up another payment option that is a 1 time non renewable purchase? 

I agree with arche here, you guys do some fabulous work with emby.

Heck i should probably donate a bit here and there just with my wonderful combination of knowing just enough to be dangerous with linux and not knowing how to ask questions well.

• 1 month later...

I also would support it..as far i get my new credit card, i´ll take the "premiere". But i also will support here and there with some money.

I know emby since 2 days only and i´m really satisfied already!!

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

I've done this by sending money via PayPal through @@ebr 's email at his website. Is that still a possibility? I should again being as Emby has come so far since the last time I donated..

Edited by Sammy

I've done this by sending money via PayPal through @@ebr 's email at his website. Is that still a possibility? I should again being as Emby has come so far since the last time I donated..

No, that's a way old method :).

Please just use the current Premiere offerings.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just signed up for a monthly even though I have an old grandfathered lifetime for something like $10 and a voluntary contribution a few years ago. I feel that Emby needs a little bit of support from me as the team is always there when needed and Emby is a finely tuned and polished product now. Kudos to Emby!

• Like 1

Yes.

Thanks again.

Eric,

I just did this and it pumped out the same key. You're sure I'm not going to loose my lifetime, right?

TIA

I just did this and it pumped out the same key. You're sure I'm not going to loose my lifetime, right?

Yes, you should be fine but, as always, if you run into problems, just let us know.

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

Also have a 'grandfathered' lifetime premiere key, and recently offered a donation in a post for a feature request.

Sorry, I did not realise that straight donations were not possible. (getting senile), but good to know there is a workaround. :)

Anyway, regardless of my request; I feel somewhat guilty, and it has been a while, so I have opted to take up your monthly subscription for at least the next 6 months.

Cheers and all the best. :)

• Like 2

It is well worth it. Emby is top notch now. People that say use Plex don't use Emby. I use both and prefer Emby.. Time to cancel that one month trial of Plex Server.. Emby DVR is much easier to set up and use for example.. Other things are better too!

Kudos to the Emby Team!

• Like 1

I was thinking about this some time ago. It'll help generate additional revenue as a whole if there were specific donate options but the work around only helps those who have an existing lifetime or yearly membership. What if you paid month to month but want to donate then you're kinda stuck (you could make the argument that monthly users are providing a more steady stream of money as opposed to the other options but a donate option, in general, couldn't hurt)

What if you paid month to month but want to donate then you're kinda stuck (you could make the argument that monthly users are providing a more steady stream of money as opposed to the other options but a donate option, in general, couldn't hurt)

What you can do is pay a month and then cancel the recurring aspect of it. Thank you for your support.

I was thinking about this some time ago. It'll help generate additional revenue as a whole if there were specific donate options but the work around only helps those who have an existing lifetime or yearly membership. What if you paid month to month but want to donate then you're kinda stuck (you could make the argument that monthly users are providing a more steady stream of money as opposed to the other options but a donate option, in general, couldn't hurt)

Thanks very much for your desire but, as we've explained above, we simply cannot accept "donations". 

@@ebr, I paid for a month and will pay for next month and then I ordered a couple of shirts from amazon but how do I stop the monthly subscription?

Thanks!

@@ebr, I paid for a month and will pay for next month and then I ordered a couple of shirts from amazon but how do I stop the monthly subscription?

Thanks!

If you used the direct card method, then you'll need to give me the email address you provided.

Thanks very much.

If you used the direct card method, then you'll need to give me the email address you provided.

Thanks very much.

I believe it was PayPal.

Why can't you just create a new shopping cart item called something like "Development Contribution"?  Set it for a one time payment with a price tag of $5.00.

Allow the person to choose the quantity

Qty 1 = $5

Qty 5 = $25

Qty 10 = $50

etc