Emby server : Too many open files

scouty

Hi,

After this topic, https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52107-osx-emby-crash-when-starting/

I 'm able to use Emby

but

When scanning the library, the emby-server stops working. The web interface becomes unresponsive, and at some points, when I try to refresh the web interface, safari displays an error message : Too many open files.

At this point, impossible to restart or to quit emby server, using the emby menu in macOS bar menu. To make things work again, I have to restart my iMac.

Here is the log file from emby-server.

https://paste2.org/gpJwIGJ2

It starts with :

Some : System.Threading.Tasks.TaskSchedulerException: An exception was thrown by a TaskScheduler. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

then plenty of :

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.IO.IOException: Too many open files

Edited by scouty

Good day,

Right, this section of the community is about MacOS. Thanks !

@@Abobader, can you rename this entire forum from OSX to MacOS? Thanks !

Done buddy.

My best

• 4 weeks later...
Endlesss

Hi, I am getting the same error (too many files open) after I updated to 3.2.40 yesterday.  I'm also getting the following:

1. Emby crashes during library scans.

2. Emby crashes when using the web interface.  Pictures stop loading and then I just get the spinning circle.

I am now back on my older version 3.2.20 and it works great.

Just wanted to let people know.

If you have any plugins installed then try removing them as that will most definitely cause an increase related to this. thanks.