Question about my server settings

DeepNote

DeepNote

Hello, everyone! I've been using Emby for almost 2 years now. I have to say its an amazing piece of software! Thank you, Luke and your team for such an amazing product. However, I do have to ask for help today? I recently rebooted my home computer and installed Emby, everything went well, until I clicked "Scan Media Library" and it literally takes forever to scan fully, it never really did this for this long before, an hour at the most but this time its been hours and it is still at 69.6%, I've even uninstalled it and went Portable and still the same issue happens. I typically do scans manually since I don't typically add new content too often. I don't believe my library is that big honestly, I have about 300+ songs, 30+ shows, and about 20+ movies. I've seen some of you guys libraries and their nuts! So I don't think mine should take this long. My internet bandwidth at the time is 85MBps and I don't have plugins installed either? Could someone please help solve this issue? I'm running the most up to date version.

Guest asrequested

I had that problem. In my case it was my movies library. I removed it, re-added it, but disabled all the library settings. The scan completed after that.

• Like 1

This is a false alarm. He enabled downloading of images in advance. 

@@Happy2Play this is extremely frustrating when people turn things on and then come back to report the scan is slow. We should have never added the download images in advance setting.

Guest asrequested

I didn't enable download in advance, just the regular stuff.

59dc4ea420b56_Snapshot_260.jpg

I ran it multiple times, left it for long periods. It would never go past 69.9%. I was aware that it could take a long time, I was patient and didn't report it as an issue. But it was conclusively, stuck. I reintroduced the library with all the settings disabled, and it completed the scan. I then enabled the settings and ran another scan. It then completed as it should. I did this when I wiped the sever after having the scheduled TV recordings, issue

Happy2Play

On a clean install I disable "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" and "Extract chapter images during the library scan", as I have all my metadata already with media and Chapters can be done later.  So a library scan takes several hours instead of 24+.

As for getting stuck at 69.6% is irrelevant unless your log file shows nothing being processed as I have seen it sit at 70+% with all options enabled for over 8 hours (even seen the percentage go down also), but the library was still being processed.  So I never really put much faith in the process indicator until after a initial scan has completed.

Guest asrequested

On a clean install I disable "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" and "Extract chapter images during the library scan", as I have all my metadata already with media and Chapters can be done later.  So a library scan takes several hours instead of 24+.

As for getting stuck at 69.6% is irrelevant unless your log file shows nothing being processed as I have seen it sit at 70+% with all options enabled for over 8 hours (even seen the percentage go down also), but the library was still being processed.  So I never really put much faith in the process indicator until after a initial scan has completed.

That's good to know. But it doesn't take that long if the library is clean of metadata, does it? It seems to take much longer when you already have metadata saved.... Something doesn't seem quite right about that. But hey, maybe I'm wrong....

Happy2Play

That's good to know. But it doesn't take that long if the library is clean of metadata, does it? It seems to take much longer when you already have metadata saved.... Something doesn't seem quite right about that. But hey, maybe I'm wrong....

Emby still talks to all the providers to build the cache so that could be one factor (throttling).  That is why I disable "Download artwork and metadata from the internet".