CCTV NVR software on Windows

CBers

CBers

Thanks @@Sammy.

I've read through the help files in the app, as well as the CPU Optimisation thread on the IP Cam forum.

I don't really have an issue with the CPU, just the networking, which isn't an issue per se, just wondering why it's using ~12Mbps (according to Windows Resource Monitor), when the console is shut and recording is off. I only have motion detection on overnight.

Without Blue Iris running, network activity is virtually zero.

Thanks @@Sammy.

I've read through the help files in the app, as well as the CPU Optimisation thread on the IP Cam forum.

I don't really have an issue with the CPU, just the networking, which isn't an issue per se, just wondering why it's using ~12Mbps (according to Windows Resource Monitor), when the console is shut and recording is off. I only have motion detection on overnight.

Now you have me having to go chase that and see what's up with mine!

Hi all,

I have been following this thread since my dad (@CBers) put it up.

Over the last week I have been trying all sorts of software from the BI that you guys seem to be using and also about 20 other pieces of software, and none of them would work and give a nice steady stream from my one indoor PTZ wifi camera (i do have 2 SV3C Poe bullet cameras on their way) but nothing would work with my little AOBO PTZ camera until I found LUXRIOT EVO and I must say it works flawlessly with my little IP camera (25fps 2.2MB bitrate) and a couple of old phones using the IP webcam app.

LUXRIOT also has an app similar to the BI one and has all the same functions as that plus the added bonus of LUXRIOT being free.

Luxriot has 2 components a server and then the client (you can use an AIO install for both though).

just my 2 cents worth lol

Is there a plugin available for Vera?

Swynol

Thanks @@Sammy.

just checked mine now. its dark so the bitrate is probably lower than daytime but with 5 cameras recording continuously and MD alert on mine is using 6-7Mbps. which is probably about right as each camera is set to either 1 or 2Mbps on the camera.

• Like 1

I'm using BVR. Seems to be (or BI said it would be) less CPU intensive.

I have a few things to share in a bit RE: CPU and Network Usage. I grabbed screens yesterday but just haven't had the time to post them yet.

Swynol

i record using the blue iris DVR option and then video compression direct-to-disk. I heard direct to disk was the least CPU intensive as my low power i3 can sometimes max out with all cameras recording and my playing back footage.

i've not been able to get chefs plugin to work correctly with Blue Iris, although havent tried in some time.

Edited by Swynol

I should mention thing at plugin only streams the footage. There was a request to have a dvr feature profaned in, however I was concerned that dvr would overload some pc's.

I should mention thing at plugin only streams the footage. There was a request to have a dvr feature profaned in, however I was concerned that dvr would overload some pc's.

I know your plugin is about as simple as it gets but pluging into Blue Iris instead of the actual camera stream would get around this issue as Blue Iris already has the DVR functionality. I don't know if a lot of servers could tolerate it. Blue Iris itself resides on my PC and it consumes a lot of CPU ticks on that i5 Devil's Canyon. My HTPC Devil's Canyon serves 6 WMC extenders and a lot of other things with Emby Server so I sure wouldn't want to add more to it even though it never really goes over 50%, Blue Iris itself does that on my other PC at times.

@@Sammy / @@Swynol

What format do you record in, BVR or MP4?

MP4 clips don't play in the console, as you need a codec, according to fenderman.

Once @@chef updates his Security Cameras plugin, I'll try that.

I can see why Blue Iris would want to be proprietary on the video for security reasons. That said, BVR files will open in mpc-hc and play but will not expose the codecs in MediaInfo. Some of my cameras are video only and mpc-hc reveals the BVR video as "Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920x1080 25fps [Video]"

I will look further and see what the audio is but if mpc-hc can play it, it would seem mpv can as well.

CBers

I've changed my recording to BVR and also found that MX Player on my phone plays them quite happily.

It's a bitch having to change the same settings on every camera when you make a change. You should be able to do it globally.

I've changed my recording to BVR and also found that MX Player on my phone plays them quite happily.

It's a bitch having to change the same settings on every camera when you make a change. You should be able to do it globally.

You can set one camera then copy the properties of that camera to the rest but you still have to go into each camera and apply the copied properties. Yes. It is a bitch. Maybe we should open a ticket on this issue with the developer?

CBers

You can set one camera then copy the properties of that camera to the rest but you still have to go into each camera and apply the copied properties. Yes. It is a bitch. Maybe we should open a ticket on this issue with the developer?

I tried that, but wasn't exactly sure what it was copying.

Thought it was camera to camera, but then thought it might be profile to profile.

Not clear in the help pages.

Just glad I only have 4 cameras and not 64 :D

CBers

Another question, but do you know why I can't login remotely to my CCTV system via a DDNS address, but can if I use my ISP assigned IP address ??

I tried that, but wasn't exactly sure what it was copying.

Thought it was camera to camera, but then thought it might be profile to profile.

Not clear in the help pages.

Just glad I only have 4 cameras and not 64 :D

I think it is actually profiles and not everything come to think of it but again, but I'm not sure. I only had two cameras at first then just added two more so I set each up separately. Maybe a question for ipcamtalk forums or for BlueIris themselves?

Another question, but do you know why I can't login remotely to my CCTV system via a DDNS address, but can if I use my ISP assigned IP address ??

I login using my DDNS using the free address given to my from my Asus Router at asuscomm.com but haven't tried the nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn IP address or any other DDNS for that matter. The web login is pretty rudimentary as it is merely a viewer and nothing else.

CBers

I think it is actually profiles and not everything come to think of it but again, but I'm not sure. I only had two cameras at first then just added two more so I set each up separately. Maybe a question for ipcamtalk forums or for BlueIris themselves?

Possibly, as long as fenderman doesn't reply - he gets on my nerves with his "holier than thou" attitude !!

I login using my DDNS using the free address given to my from my Asus Router at asuscomm.com but haven't tried the nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn IP address or any other DDNS for that matter. The web login is pretty rudimentary as it is merely a viewer and nothing else.

Strange.

IP works, but not DDNS.

I get the login page and it allows me to enter, but then it bounce back to the login page, but with no error or anything,

Might have to post on IPCAMTALK :(

• Like 1

LOL.. fenderman can be very abrupt.. A lot of times his response is to read the Help file when I posted right after reading the help file. It is pretty good but it does miss things and / or could be more clear too. I think he runs ipcamtalk and may get frustrated at times with the questions he sees as simple or already answered. Usually I just take it with a grain of salt and move on.

He is mild by comparison to the "Mod Squad" buttwipes over at TroubleFreePool. I got permanently banned over there for "Excessive Thread Hijacking". LOL. Sometimes the discussion leads to a minor path change but it gets back on course. Those guys don't really allow other members of the forum to help other members and want to completely control the discussion. Any talk outside their narrow-minded mentality leads to warnings and eventually being banned. The problem with them is they don't want to see someone not a moderator posting anything about chemistry that they don't preach and I was doing just that.. and more about controlling a pool cheaper with things like Vera and Z-Wave relays and the like. They said it was "above the capability of their average user". WTF? Who's to decide that but the user themselves. I don't need them really, I can get all the information I need about pools without them and I thought I was being helpful with additional insight.. Yeah, I still am pissed about it I guess.. LOL.

• Like 1

The "Mod Squad" Avatars is a dead giveaway as to their mentality. There's probably 20 moderators too. I got a glimpse at the moderator forum one time and they have subforums to identify members to watch. I'm pretty sure I was on the watch list. Really? Who has the time for that? IDK if you guys do that but it distracts from doing important things like moving Emby forward.. and that's just it, they don't move forward.

Here's one but they all use the same avatar so they do actually feel like they're the sheriff in town.

59e0e34d2ae5e_tfpavatar.jpg

EDIT:

Here it is. Not sure how or where I ran across this screen shot but not long after I shared it on GardenWeb / Houzz it was gone from wherever it was I found it. You can see their police mentality in their moderator only section of the forum.. a whole section devoted to "Infractions" and the "Hall of Lame". REALLY??

home-design.jpg

Edited by Sammy
  • Like 1

This whole discussion would be enough to get a week's suspension over there.. I got that and my first post back I was banned.. LOL.

• Like 1