Jump to content

Emby for TerraMaster NAS


Recommended Posts

Luke
4 hours ago, Athanor said:

Hello Luke, please, read this Terramaster's forum post: https://forum.terra-master.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=855

They assert you are not using the correct tar format. Maybe it is possible to resolve soon the problem?

See last reply by TMroy » 30 Sep 2020, 22:20

Thank you

We haven't updated to the new tar format for manual installation in the web interface but we will be doing that soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post by TMSupport » Yesterday, 21:59

We have already contacted Emby, They will upload the installation package in TPK format on their website, and users could download and install it in TNAS device directly.
--------------------
Is this an indication that the Terramaster app store is no longer going to support Emby, or be kept current?
Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
1 hour ago, JVRx7 said:

Post by TMSupport » Yesterday, 21:59

We have already contacted Emby, They will upload the installation package in TPK format on their website, and users could download and install it in TNAS device directly.
--------------------
Is this an indication that the Terramaster app store is no longer going to support Emby, or be kept current?

Hi, no, we can still submit to TerraMaster for the store, but now their new TPK format also allows manual installation in the TerraMaster web interface.

We are working on switching to the new TPK packaging format.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, no, we can still submit to TerraMaster for the store, but now their new TPK format also allows manual installation in the TerraMaster web interface.

We are working on switching to the new TPK packaging format.

Thanks, this is important to me as I'd rather not open up another port to SSH in remotely to do updates. I have one device that is 600 miles away....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

FYI: 

We got an email from Terramaster this morning saying they have temporarily removed us from their store because we include Taiwan as an option in the language selection box, and that it's a sensitive political issue for them and non-negotiable.

So yes we'll scramble to submit a new one to them, and hopefully they will release it asap, but if you don't like this then please send them your feedback about it.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
zonocus

Thank you very much for the effort.

 

  • Is there a release date?
  • And the previous version is not available either, to install or download?

I don't understand the policy to delete it from the store. At least leave the previous version. Today I have just deleted to reinstall, and I have lost the application. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
zonocus
43 minutes ago, Luke said:

FYI: 

We got an email from Terramaster this morning saying they have temporarily removed us from their store because we include Taiwan as an option in the language selection box, and that it's a sensitive political issue for them and non-negotiable.

So yes we'll scramble to submit a new one to them, and hopefully they will release it asap, but if you don't like this then please send them your feedback about it.

 

send them your feedback about it. --> where?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke
2 minutes ago, zonocus said:

 

send them your feedback about it. --> where?

I don't know if they have a support ticket system for users but you could email them at support_us@terra-master.com.

Link to post
Share on other sites
zonocus

Thank you very much. I will write, at least to ask, how can I install the older version. They should offer some solution or alternative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

I'm going to submit an update to them to change it today, but sometimes they take a little time to review them, so any pressure you can apply to speed them up would be great. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
zonocus

Terramaster support wrote to me yesterday.

And yesterday the application appeared in the Store. I have installed it and everything without problems.

Thank you very much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Luke

Great news everyone. We've now updated to the new TerraMaster package format that you can install manually using the TerraMaster web interface. Packages can be downloaded from our website:

https://emby.media/download

This means you no longer need to wait for the TerraMaster review process to release our updates, and it means you can participate in testing beta releases if you you'd like to.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...