existing season.nfo not updated when rescanning

boxtor
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

This occurs during a library scan for a TV show season.

If there is an existing season.nfo (it's provided to Emby, Emby did not create it from scratch), Emby will not add missing elements.  For example, if the season poster is present (image file is present), but not listed in the season.nfo, it will not be added and the poster will need to be added manually through the web interface.  Also, if the seasonnumber element will not be added if it is not present.  The season number needs to be added via the web interface as well.

I would have expected that the library scan would have added missing elements to the season.nfo since 'Save artwork and metadata into media folders' is checked for the library.

Generally speaking we only update the metadata file when something new is acquired. This is both for performance and also from past experiences of users questioning why their nfo files were being updated when they felt it wasn't necessary.

In this case, multiple new item are being added.  I generate a season.nfo file that has as much information that I know and want to track.  When the initial season import is performed via the library scan, it doesn't add missing data to the season.nfo.  It seems that if the season.nfo file exists, the content isn't treated as new.

This is my workaround for the lack of bulk editing.  I know many values in advance, except the future location of the season poster, although I could predetermine it.

• Solution

It is treated as new but what i'm saying is there's no internet metadata for the season object therefore the server did not add any new information, and that's why it didn't re-save your nfo. 

• Like 1