IPTV - M3U source - Request limit to 1 connection per M3U tuner created

blackoper

Ok guys this has been released with 3.2.40. For those on the beta server, 3.2.41 is up and already has a couple improvements related to this. Thanks.

• Like 1

ShotToTheDome

Well I'm not exactly sure how you can represent that in an m3u.

Example m3u entries with piping. This works in TVH as an M3u file

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="43" tvg-id="I89690.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s89690_h3_aa.png",US-BBC WORLD NEWS HD-Free
pipe:///usr/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel fatal -i http://provider/live/6.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata service_provider=Free -metadata service_name=Freenews -f mpegts -tune zerolatency pipe:1
#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="44" tvg-id="I58780.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-logo="https://s3.amazonaws.com/schedulesdirect/assets/stationLogos/s58780_h3_aa.png",US-CNBC HD
pipe:///usr/bin/ffmpeg -loglevel fatal -i http://provider/live/7.ts -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata service_provider=Free -metadata service_name=Freenews -f mpegts -tune zerolatency pipe:1

since this update im having nothing but issues i have a unlimited m3u playlist (and as been fine all this time) but now no one can play stuff from tv guide? only links i put in the iptv plugin will work? regardless off if i select 0 for unlimited or 200/500/800 connections does this need to be used for m3u playlist as you get your connections through the iptv panel through your playlist? how can i rectify this? and how easier is it to roll back to previous release as was working fine.

p.s never updated log before so hope ive done it correctly

thank you for your time

revengineer

since this update im having nothing but issues i have a unlimited m3u playlist (and as been fine all this time) but now no one can play stuff from tv guide? only links i put in the iptv plugin will work? regardless off if i select 0 for unlimited or 200/500/800 connections does this need to be used for m3u playlist as you get your connections through the iptv panel through your playlist? how can i rectify this? and how easier is it to roll back to previous release as was working fine.

thank you for your time

I have a 2 stream limit but have not had any issues running .40 with number of streams set to unlimited (0) or 2. When you make the change, the guide will reload from the internet and this will take a while. I believe I have seen issues trying to start shows from the guide before the reload has completed. Have you waited for the guide reload to complete before testing this?

BTW, your attachment was missing.

revengineer

thank you for your time

I came across an issue where iptv channels would no longer play from the guide. Clicking on a program in the guide gives endless spinning circle. The log shows the error message below (sorry no time to sanitize the entire log from passwords). Neither ffprobe nor ffmpeg are running on the server. On the other hand, programs from the HDHomerun played fine. A reboot resolved the issue.

2017-11-26 13:33:21.834 Info App: User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2017-11-26 13:33:21.834 Info App: RemoteClientBitrateLimit: 3000000, RemoteIp: 192.168.1.11, IsInLocalNetwork: True
2017-11-26 13:33:21.834 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://watch.necroiptv.com/live/xxx/yyy/2882.ts, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
2017-11-26 13:33:21.834 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://watch.necroiptv.com/live/xxx/yyy/2882.ts
2017-11-26 13:33:21.835 Info App: Opening channel stream from Emby, external channel Id: m3u_bd1b850990973c512ce073419fd55fdd925c339559c895367b5b571d890ac5e4
2017-11-26 13:33:21.835 Info App: Streaming Channel m3u_bd1b850990973c512ce073419fd55fdd925c339559c895367b5b571d890ac5e4
2017-11-26 13:33:21.836 Error App: Error opening tuner
2017-11-26 13:33:21.848 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.40.0
	Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -service
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannelStream>d__16.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamInternal>d__88.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider>d__84.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__59.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.<OpenMediaSource>d__11.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<OpenLiveStream>d__28.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<OpenMediaSource>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<GetPlaybackInfo>d__16.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<Post>d__18.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()
	MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannelStream>d__16.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamInternal>d__88.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider>d__84.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__59.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.<OpenMediaSource>d__11.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<OpenLiveStream>d__28.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<OpenMediaSource>d__14.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<GetPlaybackInfo>d__16.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.<Post>d__18.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()

revengineer

I did some more testing and found that I cannot play 2 channels in parallel on v3.2.40. I get the error reported above every time. This was working in the previous beta when I tested this. I am about to leave town, so apology for lack of detail. Hopefully someone else can deliver required logs within the next days.

EDIT: Testing on 3.2.40.3 beta, I can view two programs simultaneously. Not sure if all conditions are identical, and stable and beta are running on different machines.

Edited by revengineer