[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

DiscoDuck79
3 minutes ago, Gizzmo80 said:

OK, I am not shure if I understood it correct. There is no setting to avoid this delay, right?

Did you mean the 3s are not a visible delay for you? For me most of the time it‘s 3s too, but for me it‘s a visible delay 🙂. I think it would be better if the cast is empty, but switching to an other movie and seeing the old cast for some seconds feels a little strange.

Of course this is not a big Deal and I can live with that, but if that could be faster it would be great.

I don't think there's any setting that can be changed to avoid the delay.

I have the delay as well, if I

1: Go to a movie and than straight down to cast it takes ~3s before the correct cast is displayed.

2: If I go to a movie, wait for 3-5s and then go down to cast the correct cast is displayed "on arrival".

So the cast is loaded when you go to the movie, but it takes a couple of second before it completes. Totally agree with you and wish it could be instant as on e.g. Estuary, but Embuary is still an outstanding skin.

Alphabit

I'm getting random Kodi crashes with skin Embuary (Matrix) on Mac OS Big Sur; No crashes if I revert back to standard Kodi Estuary skin.
Kodi (19.1 (19.1.0) Git:20210907-86093ca411). Platform: OS X x86 64-bit
Kodi compiled 2021-09-08 by Clang 10.0.1 (clang-1001.0.46.4) for OS X x86 64-bit version 10.13 (101300)
Running on Apple Inc. MacBookAir7,2 with OS X 10.16, kernel: Darwin x86 64-bit version 20.6.0

From what I can tell it seems to be related to code in one of these two scripts:
'Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.embuary.info/plugin.py'
'Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/plugin.py'

possibly unrelated but the log is also showing this message I thought worth including:
"WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead."

Alphabit
2 hours ago, Alphabit said:

I'm getting random Kodi crashes with skin Embuary (Matrix) on Mac OS Big Sur; No crashes if I revert back to standard Kodi Estuary skin.

Just as a follow up to this, the crashes only stop if I remove all the addons that install with the skin.
Changing only the 'in use' skin does not prevent them.

• 2 weeks later...
DParsons

I just started to use the full features of this skin a short time ago after first using an HDHomerun tuner and it looked just like it does on Emby in my Kodi guide, but after just a few days everything disappeared and now the guide is just a blank shell with numbers, no icons, and a channel grid, but no guide information. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what might have happened. It's been a few weeks and I've tried completely uninstalling Kodi, including all folders in the User folders, but it never will populate the guide with information, or icons. It just looks the same no matter how many times I reinstall it.

• 3 weeks later...
spaxx24

I installed the skin on Kodi Matrix (nvidia shield) and instead of movie covers I get thumbnails. Any fix? I tried universal scraper and the movie db

Gizzmo80

On the top right corner there are settings for sorting and the art. Switch here to, I believe, poster.

Edited by Gizzmo80

• 1 month later...
Hörnchenmeister

Hi ,

I use emby for kodi with the next-gen add-on on odroid n2+.

I set a background picture for every library on emby server.

This pictures won´t used in Embuary on the Home Screen.

When I manually set a background picture, it shows up for a second on the Home Screen and after that the hubs show thumbnails from content.

I would like to have a static picture.

I believe this behaviour is since I move to kodi 19.

Tested fresh install with new SD card, same behaviour.

I did first wrote this topic

There are some pictures...

Edited by Hörnchenmeister