[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

Glyde62

Finally got it installed........Seems a lot harder than the older version

Use to take me 10-15 minutes to reinstall Kodi

Took me over an hour this arvo

Was freezing a bit at first but seems to have settled down

sualfred

It worked flawlessly on all of my devices. Even on a FireTV 4k it was updating correctly. If you will ever face a Python error I need get the logs to see why.

Edited by sualfred

pünktchen

Update went fine here also...

Feature Request:

Can you please make the Collections button inside a library hub to only show collections of that library? The way the webinterface acts?

horstepipe

Getting embuary helper error when trying to set library tags

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

How did you solve that? Got the same..

Glyde62

How did you solve that? Got the same..

Uninstalled it then installed an older version

Them it updated to latest, Then it worked after that

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

sualfred

I wasn't aware that this is possible now. Back in the days I've added the EmbyCon integration collections were not filtered on the server. i'll check the API call to see if I can replicate it in Kodi. With Emby for Kodi I'm using Kodi internal filterings.

jluce50

I ended up recreating my Music Video library as type "Music videos" (it was "Movies") as it's the only way to keep all the movies from being lumped together in Kodi. Aside from the many other shortcomings with Music Videos in Emby, I noticed that clicking a partially watched music video in Kodi doesn't prompt to resume, it just starts at the beginning. Is this something that can be addressed in the skin?

sualfred

Nothing that a skin can control.

There are 2 ways to access music videos. Via music library and via video library. I don't have the music DB structure in my mind right now, but it's possible that this will create resume points. The image, music and music video section of Kodi is a pita. 

Edit:

Yep, by accessing the music videos via videos it works. Just create a main menu point that links to -> videos -> music videos.

Edited by sualfred

jluce50

Edit:

Yep, by accessing the music videos via videos it works. Just create a main menu point that links to -> videos -> music videos.

When I select the source for the Music Videos menu item I did Video Library -> Library -> Music Videos [folder] -> Titles. That's the only way I've found to even get anything to show up. I don't see anything like "videos -> music videos". Am I missing something?

sualfred

That's what I was talking about. I've only tested native mode, not the addon playback method. It's possible that this does not cover resume points for music vids or it's bugged.

jluce50

I'm using Native playback mode as well. I guess I'll just need to wait for the Music Video library type to get fixed on the server (there are other major issues unrelated to this one). I really wish there was a way to separate different libraries of the same type in Kodi. I had it working this way for a while.

Vito_MCE

I'm not really sure if this is Embuary or Embycon issue. When I play the video with trans-coding (either with force trans-code, or with the setting which trans-codes based on codec) the subtitles I select on the screen before start playing doesn't show up.

jluce50

I enabled Cinema Mode for only Movies, but it's playing the intro before Episodes as well. Should this work based on library type or is it keying off of tags or something?

sualfred

Addon playback? Then it's not a skin issue and you should create a thread with Kodi log.

sualfred

So the skin integrated cinema mode and not the one of Emby? Have you set it to "movies" in the skin settings? By default it's enabled for movies and episodes.

jluce50

So the skin integrated cinema mode and not the one of Emby? Have you set it to "movies" in the skin settings? By default it's enabled for movies and episodes.

That's correct. It's the skin cinema mode and it is set to Movies only.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sualfred

From where and how do you start the playback? Info screen, widget, play button in a view, context menu?

Edited by sualfred