[SUPPORT THREAD] Embuary - A Emby Kodi Skin

sualfred

abescalamis

I have those controllers too (nvidia shield and a Mii box) and also use the computer, all I do is press the "back" button once, then it only shows the progress bar, then I press right and left, way easier than using the buttons, specially when you want to get to the middle fast.

sualfred

Just because you do it in this way doesn't mean others do the same. I have to cover all possible use cases and interactions of users. Personal preferences can't be respected, sorry. And your mentioned way is seek stepping, not enabling fast forwarding 2x/4x/8x/32x etc.

Edited by sualfred

abescalamis

Just because you do it in this way doesn't mean others do the same. I have to cover all possible use cases and interactions of users. Personal preferences can't be respected, sorry. And your mentioned way is seek stepping, not enabling fast forwarding 2x/4x/8x/32x etc.

I didn't mean it in the way you are taking it, that is why I said I would prefer, and also was wondering what others preferences could be that is why I used question marks, the only thing after the last update is a lot of clicking to get to the Subtitles option or settings, 

But I love it its all good

sualfred

Optical illusion. It's the same amount of clicking. All that has been increased is the gap. 

feerlessleadr

Fred - Thanks again for the great skin. I'm coming across 2 things on my end, 1 just started happening earlier today, and 1 has been happening for a while.

For the issue that just started happening today (at least, I just noticed it today, could have been caused in the last couple of days), it appears thumbnails for videos and folders inside custom nodes are no longer showing up for me when the view is set to wide. The thumbs show up in list view and in square, but when I switch to wide, it appears that the background picture/fanart is show instead. See below for a screenshots of what I'm talking about:

5d8ed681a70fe_Kodi_20190927_232455.png

Each of the above video files used to show a thumbnail, but now it appears that they are showing only the fanart (which is just a black-ish background). The reason I think it is showing the fanart is that when I go into the youtube addon, all of the videos are now showing the channel's background image, rather than the video thumb:

5d8ed6e54a9aa_Kodi_20190927_232359.png

For the second thing that has been happening for a while, I have a number of custom nodes within Emby (classified as home videos in emby, but they are just a bunch of video clips from youtube, etc.), which I've added to my Embuary home screen as custom nodes as well. I've noticed that when I first enter the folder, the watched indicators for the clips are as expected. However, when I play a clip and then return to the listing after the clip is over, all clips now have the played checkmark. If I leave the embuary custom node and then go back in, the played checkmarks are back to where they are supposed to be (and match what is in my emby server).

I have a log of this happening (I started up kodi, navigated to an unplayed clip, played it for a few seconds, then stopped, returning me to the original screen where all clips are now marked as watched):

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/nZSrHJYKCR/

I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or an addon issue (using emby for kodi to access these notes), in which case I can work with @@Angelblue05 to get this sorted out. 

Thanks!

::EDIT:: I just did a quick and dirty test by creating a copy of the embycon addon (I already use embycon for playing my kids' shows on my shield) and installing it to see if I experienced the same behavior. Based on this test, it looks like this only affects the emby for kodi addon, and not embycon. Not sure if this is a skin issue though or an addon issue. Thanks

Edited by feerlessleadr

sualfred

Yeah, I did a mistake in the last version. WIll push a hotfix later this day. The fix already on GitHub if you want to apply it from there.

• Like 1

nitz.walsh

Hello, since two or three versions, I noticed that when starting videos, the logo, the poster and the progress bar do not appear a few seconds like that always been the case. I checked on several players, same observation. I like this feature, I hope it's not a deletion !? Thank you for your work!

I already increased the font in the past, but this is the maximum. Otherwise you will only see cropped labels everywhere. And I don't have any issues running it on 3m distance on a 47" and on 5m distance with a 55".

Kodi 16 is not supported.

I really like this skin.  It's been perhaps the easiest to work with and out of the box is lovely - I'd really like to persevere with it..

Unfortunately, my eyes aren't as good as they were so I do struggle to read the text in this skin.  Is there a way to increase the font size behind the scenes - even if it means updating the xml files directly? 

An option which would also help would be if you can choose the foreground and background for labels to increase contrast if that's possible.  

sualfred

Nope. You could disable the fanart background if that helps you. But that's all. Font size cannot be increased as mentioned a few times over the couple of months, sorry.

nitz.walsh

Hello,

I do not know if this is a bug of embuary or embycon,

I noticed for some time that when the default track is French for audios type "HE-AAC and EAC3", it's is always indicated "ENG".

However, for all other types of audio formats, it is indeed indicated "FRE" (See screenshots attached).

I have verified that the track "FRE" is by default in mediainfo and it is indicated correctly in the mobile application of Emby.

Is this a known bug?

Thank you and good day!

5d9777da1ba6b_Capture.jpg

5d9777ebaa0d5_Capture2.jpg

warrencalvert

Great work with the Embuary skin, its by far the best one for Kodi.

I just have a problem though, is there no built-in support for home videos and photos?  

I did work out how to manually add a menu for photos but the layout is not how I'd like it.  It only displays the photos in a list, I'd like them in a wall format.  Is there any way to configure this?

thanks

tr0nllam

Is there anyway to get Embuary to display the episode cast list rather than the featured actors from the entire series? If you search an actor it lists all his tv episode appearances, but individual episodes doesn't display the cast for that episode.

• Like 1

sualfred

Not implemented because this information is mostly incomplete.Just search on Tmdb in the skin and select the season. I'm listing all available guest stars there.

sualfred

@@tr0nllam

In the upcoming version episode cast will be returned. If no cast is present for a episode I've implemented a fallback to the TV show cast listing.

• Like 1

abescalamis

There used to be a hub inside each library node, the latest update removed it, but after using the new way for a day, I don't miss it.

The only thing I noticed is that embruary doesn't automatically create the Emby library nodes like before it only created "collections", "All movies", "All TV shows", but it doesn't matter because is super easy to do it manually.

It feels faster and smooth, amazing work.

Glyde62

Showed up eventually But didn't seem to set up properly

Will have another go when home from work

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

sualfred

The new version has a new setup dialog where you can toggle the library tags that show up automatically. And updating users have to reset to populate everything correctly.

Edited by sualfred