Live TV With Subs Doesnt Play

Spaceboy

i presume its still the same. i did not send an in app log but i can if this will help. will you need a matching set of ffmpeg and server logs?

Yes please to all. Thanks.

I put up a beta of the app yesterday that just adds a log message so we can try and see what is happening here.

So, if you can re-run that same test and send the app log with the new version (.60) that would be great.  Thx.

PremiumRed

Hey guys... this is the same error I have being going on about for a while now.

The multi audio track has the same error as the subtitles.

Spaceboy

I put up a beta of the app yesterday that just adds a log message so we can try and see what is happening here.

So, if you can re-run that same test and send the app log with the new version (.60) that would be great. Thx.

app log sent, user mark. Cheers

Thanks.  That confirmed my previous suspicion.

Now we just have to figure out why it is happening and what to do about it.

Spaceboy

Hey guys... this is the same error I have being going on about for a while now.

The multi audio track has the same error as the subtitles.

mate, I’ve been on this issue fo several years. All uk tv is dual audio tracked with subs and Emby doesn’t seem to like either

Okay, now reproduce again with the latest beta of the server (a 34.x version) and then post the server log.  Be sure debug logging is turned on first.  I don't think you need to send another app log because we already know what is going on at that end but I guess it couldn't hurt just to confirm we are looking at the exact same issue.

Thanks.

Spaceboy

Okay, now reproduce again with the latest beta of the server (a 34.x version) and then post the server log.  Be sure debug logging is turned on first.  I don't think you need to send another app log because we already know what is going on at that end but I guess it couldn't hurt just to confirm we are looking at the exact same issue.

Thanks.

done, app log, user mark

i suppose it wouldnt hurt to mention at this point that with these streams the video will always start and play anything up to a couple of seconds, then pause anything up to ten second and then plays normally. ten second is unusual, most commonly the pause is a few seconds

Edited by Spaceboy

Okay, Spaceboy - the next beta of the app should now not fail to tune the channel when you try to turn on those subs.  The subs still won't work (there is still work to do on the server end) but at least the app won't fail anymore.

Please confirm when you can.

Thanks.

Spaceboy

Okay, Spaceboy - the next beta of the app should now not fail to tune the channel when you try to turn on those subs.  The subs still won't work (there is still work to do on the server end) but at least the app won't fail anymore.

Please confirm when you can.

Thanks.

some progress i think but not quite there. when i turn on subs i get the spinning wheel for a few (10?) seconds then the video returns but sticks on the first frame. spinning wheel continues for a while. in the dashboard i can see playback cycling between direct streaming and transcoding. after maybe 30 seconds it quits and i get the no tuner available message server.txt

some progress i think but not quite there. when i turn on subs i get the spinning wheel for a few (10?) seconds then the video returns but sticks on the first frame. spinning wheel continues for a while. in the dashboard i can see playback cycling between direct streaming and transcoding. after maybe 30 seconds it quits and i get the no tuner available message attachicon.gifserver.txt

That's interesting, what channel did you play?  I've been testing with "4 HD" and that one has subs that should have just produced a "failed to load" message while playback continued.

Spaceboy

That's interesting, what channel did you play?  I've been testing with "4 HD" and that one has subs that should have just produced a "failed to load" message while playback continued.

woah hold on there! i gave up on hd channels a while ago because there was that unfixable audio delay with the internal player if you remember. thats on the list to get to.

no these are all sd channels. i was trying itv2 i think. coronation street omnibus.what is your source? these are mpeg2 i think

Spaceboy

I'm still testing with your IPTV stream.

[emoji3] oh ok.

But there’s no subs in those streams? Happy to open up the guest account again so you can see what it’s like with a stream from mediaportal?

Spaceboy

That will require mediaportal to produce an m3u8? I’ll look into it. Nextpvr does this I think? May also take a look at that if it’s better supported

Spaceboy

I thought this was IPTV?

no, I’ve been very clear throughout this is mediaportal. This is one of the issues with external services that you asked me to highlight to you